Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NBI Look ups again if possible.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Matthew

Matthew Report 24 Jul 2007 16:32

Hi. I would really appreciate if anyone could check the NBI for the villages of Kirk Smeaton, Wentbridge and Thorpe Audlin in Yorkshire for anyone with the surname of Pearson. I have been checking through the census and it appears its all my lot that were in these small villages. Would dearly like to find Thomas and Ann Pearson who died betweenn 1891 and 1901 probably in Thorpe Audlin. Kindest Regards, Matt.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Jul 2007 03:34

from freebmd Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Deaths Jun 1891 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PEARSON Thomas 71 Hemsworth 9c 150 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Deaths Mar 1895 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Pearson Thomas 1 Hemsworth 9c 97

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Jul 2007 03:35

Ann's death from freebmd Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Deaths Dec 1901 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Pearson Ann 64 Hemsworth 9c 96

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Jul 2007 03:41

According to the census page (1891), Hemsworth is the registration district for Thorpe Audley.

Matthew

Matthew Report 25 Jul 2007 11:02

Hi all, Many thanks for taking the time to look for my ancestors. I have found most of this information. I have been looking at the igi and it appears that my 'Ann' on all census may have actually been 'Mary Ann'!!! Looks like on some of the children baptisms that appear on there in Kirk Smeaton she was actually Mary Ann! How confusing. I was hoping for any possible burials as I am hoping to visit these churchyards over the weekend and hoping I may strike lucky and still be a surviving headstone for them. Kind Regards Matt

Patricia

Patricia Report 26 Jul 2007 07:56

Hello Matt, Just seen your request and checked the N.B.I. 2nd Edition for West Yorkshire but none of the places you mention have been transcribed i.e. Kirtk Smeaton, Wentbridge or Thorpe Audlin neither has Hemsworth. I know this is not much help, but at least you will not have to go to your local library to search the N.B.I. Hope you find the info you are looking for. Regards. Pat.

Matthew

Matthew Report 26 Jul 2007 08:33

Hi Pat, Many thanks for checking the nbi for these parishes. I will probably still go to visit the churchyards anyway (if the weather gets better). Kind Regards Matt