Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841/61 Cambridgeshire look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 22 Jul 2007 11:43

I am trying to trace the death and spouse of my 5x gt grandfather George Deller. On the 1851 Census he was apparently living with daughter Sarah at Cottage House, Kingston. I do not have a record of his age at this time, or occupation and these would be useful. Please can someone look up to see if they are on the 1841 census. I would like to see if i can find him withhis wife. I amalso trying to find a dat of death for him. FreeBMD has two possibilities Deaths Dec 1853 (99%) Deller George Caxton 3b 259 Deaths Mar 1864 Deller George Caxton 3b 351 Plase can someone see if he appears on the 1861 census as this may narrow the search. Thanks Alison

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Jul 2007 11:45

1851 for info Name: George Deller Age: 85 Estimated birth year: abt 1766 Relation: Father-in-law Gender: Male Where born: Melbourn, Cambridgeshire, England Civil Parish: Kingston County/Island: Cambridgeshire Country: England Street address:Cottage house Occupation:retired ag lab Condition as to marriage:widower Disability: View image Registration district: Caxton Sub-registration district: Caxton ED, institution, or vessel: 23a Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 15 Household Members: Name Age George Deller 85 Benjamin Prior 19 Betsy Prior 14 Sarah Prior 55 Sarah Ann Prior 16 William Prior 54

Alison

Alison Report 22 Jul 2007 11:45

Thank you - yes - this is the right family in 1851. Alison

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 22 Jul 2007 11:48

1851 is this the right one? Name: George Deller Age: 85 Estimated birth year: abt 1766 Relation: Father-in-law Gender: Male Where born: Melbourn, Cambridgeshire, England Civil Parish: Kingston County/Island: Cambridgeshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Caxton Sub-registration district: Caxton ED, institution, or vessel: 23a Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 15 Household Members: Name Age George Deller 85 Benjamin Prior 19 Betsy Prior 14 Sarah Prior 55 Sarah Ann Prior 16 William Prior 54 Someone on Ancestry has added an alternate name for Sarah as Deller Maureen

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Jul 2007 11:54

1841 : George Deller Age: 74 Estimated birth year: abt 1767 Gender: Male Where born: Cambridgeshire, England Civil Parish: Kingston Hundred: Longstow County/Island: Cambridgeshire Country: England Street address: main street Occupation: View image Registration district: Caxton Sub-registration district: Caxton Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age George Deller 74 Mary Deller 73 ------------------------------------- hes not showing on the 1861

Pam of Kent

Pam of Kent Report 22 Jul 2007 11:59

On the1841 Image there is also a Horney(sic) Deller age 75 listed just above George and Mary-could be a relative?

Alison

Alison Report 22 Jul 2007 12:01

Brilliant Shirley. Thanks very much indeed. Alison

Pam of Kent

Pam of Kent Report 22 Jul 2007 12:05

Could this be him on IGI? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GEORGE DELLER Pedigree Male -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: 23 AUG 1768 Bassingbourn, Cambridge, England Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: JAMES DELLER Family Mother: HANNAH MARIAH

Margaret

Margaret Report 22 Jul 2007 13:38

Alison, I have the BMD indices for Cambridgeshire. There were two Georges born in 1766. If you like I can PM you the info.? M. Steer

Margaret

Margaret Report 22 Jul 2007 15:46

Alison, George Deller, buried, Kingston, Cambs., 1853 (88yrs). Mary Deller, buried, Kingston, Cambs., 1842 (74yrs). M. Steer