Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just found a great site ( Men and Women of Royal N

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 21 Jul 2007 20:41

Some of you may have been on this before but thought i would put it up on the board, www.naval-history.net Just found my grandad brother listed. They have a lot of name which are not on CWGC

Ann

Ann Report 21 Jul 2007 20:44

See Below..

Janice

Janice Report 21 Jul 2007 20:53

Sounds good to me. Janice

Ann

Ann Report 21 Jul 2007 20:58

It is Janice, as i have been searching for the last few years was told he was killed in RN but never found nothing on him till now, Glad i have found him but also feel a bit saddened as he would of only been 26yrs old. Ann

Janice

Janice Report 22 Jul 2007 00:44

Hi Anne Oh that is sad what a shame. At least you know now though when and how he passed away. I was more fortunate with my uncle he survived two torpedoed ships. Love Janice

Ann

Ann Report 22 Jul 2007 10:03

Hi Janice and anyone who can Help.. Yes I am so Pleased i have found him, but there's another problem there is no death registered for him, I E-mailed Don who has the website asking how i could apply for a death certificate, as i have searched all through Marine death indices of GRO which has all BMD but nothing for Edward Slasor He has told me he was killed 1931 on HMS Folkestone which was in the Persian Gulf at the time in an accident. He also has done a search for me but without any success. Edward's death was found from the Admiralty Ratings Death Ledger for this period. Any ideas what i can do now? Also still searching for his other brother James Slasor who also was RN and was told he also was killed at sea just after ww2 what a Headache this lot are.. Ann