Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Image Required from Findmypast please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jul 2007 16:20

I have found Selina Woodward on the 1891 census on Ancestry. I have the transcript but the image is virtually unreadable on Ancestry and wondered if it was any better on Findmypast. Here are the details from Ancestry:- Name: Selina Woodward Age: 25 Estimated birth year: abt 1866 Relation: Servant Gender: Female Where born: Harlaston, Staffordshire, England Civil Parish: Walsall Borough Ecclesiastical parish: St Matthew Town: Walsall County/Island: Staffordshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Walsall Sub-registration district: Walsall ED, institution, or vessel: 5 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Charles S Buck 46 Selina Woodward 25 Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 2249; Folio 90; Page 25 If anyone can find a better image I will send my email address. Thank you, Kath. x

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 21 Jul 2007 16:36

Kathleen, I have just had a look on ancestry, the image is faded but the top half is not to bad if you use the zoom in to 200% If you would like i can send you a copy and see if it is any better for you Roy

Julie

Julie Report 21 Jul 2007 16:56

Hi Kath If you go into options and have Image enhancing set to Original scans Image compression set to High-quality images You can see it that bit better

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jul 2007 18:02

Sorry for the delay - I got called away. Thanks to both of you. I have it on enhanced image, but zooming to 200% does make it better to read. Can either of you make out Selina's occupation? UPDATE - just realised it is House Keeper - Domestic. Thanks to you both again. Kath. x

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 21 Jul 2007 18:05

Possibly house keeper ? Maureen

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jul 2007 18:14

Thanks Maureen - that's what I came up with. Kath. x