Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cencus look up please thomas cole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 21 Jul 2007 15:17

hi my great grandad was called Thomas Cole i am wanting to find out when he was born i know very little about him . I think he was born around 1880 in durham / sunderland he married Hannah Wood there children were called jane william violet lilly . thanks vicki

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jul 2007 15:24

This is the reference for his marriage certificate:- Name: Thomas Cole Year of Registration: 1903 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec DISTRICT: Sunderland County: Durham, Tyne and Wear Volume: 10a Page: 1073 Also on the same page is Hannah Wood. This certificate will give you his and Hannah's father's names and occupations which will make it easier to find the families in the 1901 census. Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jul 2007 15:30

This one from the 1901 census is a possibility but you need the marriage certificate first to confirm what Thomas's occupation is and also his approximate date of birth (sometimes out a bit on marriage certificates):- Name: Thomas Cole Age: 26 Estimated birth year: abt 1875 Relation: Boarder Gender: Male Where born: Sunderland, Durham, England Civil Parish: Urpeth Ecclesiastical parish: West Pelton St Paul Town: Beamish County/Island: Durham Country: England Street address: 9 Nicholson Terrace Occupation: Bricklayer Condition as to marriage: Single Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Chester Le Street Sub-registration district: Chester le Street ED, institution, or vessel: 20 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 44 Household Members: Name Age Thomas Cole 26 James Jones 41 Jane Robinson 8 John Robinson 6 Mary Robinson 28 Mary A Robinson 3 Sarah Robinson 1 Thomas Robinson 28 I searched for Thomas Cole born 1880 +/- 45 years in Sunderland and only two results came up. The other one had a middle name, and there is no middle name on the marriage index. Kath. x

Thelma

Thelma Report 21 Jul 2007 15:32

I think you need their marriage cert to find his age and his father. Anything else would be a guess. marriage Thomas Cole 1903 Oct-Nov-Dec Sunderland Durham, Tyne and Wear Hannah Wood 1903 Oct-Nov-Dec Sunderland Durham, Tyne

Victoria

Victoria Report 21 Jul 2007 15:34

thank you

Victoria

Victoria Report 21 Jul 2007 15:38

thank you kath vicki

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jul 2007 15:54

This is a possible for Hannah in 1901 (again you need marriage certificate for confirmation of father's name):- Name: Hannah Wood Age: 17 Estimated birth year: abt 1884 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Henry Mother's name: Jane Gender: Female Where born: Southwick, Durham, England Civil Parish: Tunstall Ecclesiastical parish: Silksworth St Matthew County/Island: Durham Country: England Street address: 12 Quarry Street Occupation: Father is a Colliery Screener Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Sunderland Sub-registration district: South Bishopwearmouth ED, institution, or vessel: 37 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 260 Household Members: Name Age Hannah Wood 17 Henry Wood 58 Jane Wood 59 Kath. x