Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

marriage look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**janine**

**janine** Report 21 Jul 2007 12:03

trying to find a marriage for hannah mabel newbald/newbold she was born in 1881 in district of york volume 9d pge 15 according to my grandads half brother she married a lockwood and he is quite adamant...im having trouble finding it many thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jul 2007 12:05

Where have you looked? Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jul 2007 12:08

Is this the right person in 1901? Name: Mabel Newbald Age: 19 Estimated birth year: abt 1882 Relation: Servant Gender: Female Where born: York, Yorkshire, England Civil Parish: York Ecclesiastical parish: Bishophill Senior St Mary with St Clement County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Registration district: York Sub-registration district: Micklegate ED, institution, or vessel: 21 Neighbors: View others on page If so, it gives you a starting-point............ Reg

**janine**

**janine** Report 21 Jul 2007 14:09

ancestory and bmd,thats not the right 1 thanks very much for your help

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jul 2007 14:12

Is your relation still single in 1901? Reg

**janine**

**janine** Report 21 Jul 2007 15:31

yes think so

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 21 Jul 2007 15:50

Is this the birth details but it is 1882 and not 1881 Births Mar 1882 (>99%) Newbald Hannah Mabel York 9d 15

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 21 Jul 2007 15:52

do you know lockwoods first name?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jul 2007 16:04

You need to find her on censuses first, to establish at what point you need to start looking for her marriage..........if she is single in 1901, that's where to start the search.......... I note you only say that you 'think' she is......... Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jul 2007 16:06

On you other thread, you say you can't find this woman on a census, so it is possible that the Mabel I posted is this woman using her second forename..............or do you have absolute proof that it isn't? Reg

**janine**

**janine** Report 21 Jul 2007 16:32

i found it,she married frederick lockwood 1916.

**janine**

**janine** Report 21 Jul 2007 16:34

hannah is my great grans sister and got told that there was a mabel.....it turns out that there isnt and that its hannah mabel they were on about,maybe she was known as mabel