Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 census re Walter Gray

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 21 Jul 2007 08:54

Please can someone see if they can find Walter Gray on the 1891/1901 census. I thought I had him living with a lady called Alice Martha but I have been proved wrong. Can anyone else find him please. He was born in Winterton Lincs about 1862. HIs father was James Gray and his mother was Ann. I have him on the 1881 census in Gainsborough with his family. Thank you for your help Jane

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 21 Jul 2007 09:07

From 1891 but it looks like the same one you've just mentioned. This is the only Walter born in Winterton that comes up: GRAY, Walter Head Married M 28 Machine Erector Winterton Lincolnshire GRAY, Martha A Wife Married F 29 Tetford Lincolnshire GRAY, Winnifred R Daughter F 1 Gainsborough Lincolnshire GRAY, Jessie Daughter F 0 (2M) Gainsborough Lincolnshire -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RG number: RG12 Piece: 2634 Folio: 170 Page: 38 Registration District: Gainsborough Sub District: Gainsborough EnumerationDistrict: 7 Ecclesiastical Parish: Holy Trinity Civil Parish: Gainsborough Municipal Borough: Address: 16, Tooley Street, Gainsborough Deb:)

Jane

Jane Report 21 Jul 2007 09:12

HI Deb Yes I thought it was him too. His occupation is about right (ie working with machines) His age and place of birth is right but we have sent for his marriage cert to a Alice Martha Cooper and his father is wrong on the cert. I don't not know if this is a mistake on his marriage cert or what, it seemed too close to be wrong. Thanks for your help Jane

Jane

Jane Report 21 Jul 2007 11:28

Hi Deb You were right with this family and we do have the wrong marriage. The marraige cert we have is of a Walter Gray and Alice Martha Cooper and my Walter married Martha A ??? Thanks for your help Jane

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 21 Jul 2007 11:51

think this is duaghter Jessie's birth, the cert should give MMN you can then get the correct marriage details Name: Jessie Gray Year of Registration: 1891 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar DISTRICT: Gainsborough County: Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire Volume: 7a Page: 718 Roy

Jane

Jane Report 21 Jul 2007 12:03

Thanks Roy All the best jane