Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HUNGRY FOR INFO PLEASE HELP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacky

Jacky Report 20 Jul 2007 16:17

can anyone tell me if there is another site apart from leodis that shows old photos i recived an email a few weeks ago from an old rellie i found on this site a letter that my grandad sent to his brother in 1945 and it gives his address as been 11 triangle street holbeck leeds11 but the letter was sent from his army camp address given as 1st bn royal fusiliers usselby hall camp market rasen lincs the letter gives both address so not sure if this was the usual thing or not at the time of getting this email i sent about googleing both these addresses but came up with nothing even on the leodis site i also tried to find a site that would tell me whitch fusiliers it was but without sucsses so can any one help with a point in the right direction many many thanks kind regards jacky

Jacky

Jacky Report 20 Jul 2007 18:49

NUDGE

Heather

Heather Report 20 Jul 2007 21:02

Not really sure what you are looking for Jackie. Photos of what? You already said what battalion it was - 1st battalion of Royal Fuseliers and there is a website about them if you google http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Royal_Regiment_of_Fusiliers The addresses Im not sure what you want from those? You could get the Leeds address info from the electoral register but not for the war years themselves as they werent kept up during that time I believe. So, the local records office would be your first stop there - google for the Leeds one.

Jacky

Jacky Report 21 Jul 2007 14:33

NUDGE

Jacky

Jacky Report 25 Jul 2007 10:02

LAST NUDGE I PROMISE & THEN BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD & TABLETS FOR EYE STRAIN ( LOL )

Heather

Heather Report 25 Jul 2007 10:06

Jacky - what are you actually looking for? Ive given you a website for the regiment - which you dont seem to have noticed. And Ive told you how to find out about the addresses.

Jacky

Jacky Report 25 Jul 2007 10:23

hi heather thanks for info i did.t see your first message think my eyes have gone altogether i will do what you suggest and try it that way many many thanks kind regards jacky

Gary

Gary Report 25 Jul 2007 11:19

Hi Jacky, you say you have found nothing but I have found several old photographs of Triangle Street Leeds on the Leodis site. 1. From the home page, select 'advanced search' on the top right hand side. 2. From the advanced search page you will see an online form with several boxes already filled in, do not change the info in any of these boxes. 3. Enter the words 'Triangle Street' in the first of the boxes marked 'keywords/terms'. 4. Click the 'search' button. You will get four results, four different old photographs of Triangle Street. Result number 4 is a lovely picture of the house you are looking for, number 11 Triangle Street. Incidentally the Leodis site is certainly one of the best around for old photographs, all indexed and very well presented. If anyone has rellies from the Leeds district and hasn't already found it, it's well worth a view. www.leodis.net Gary