Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parish records Berbon Northants

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 19 Jul 2007 18:37

Is there any one who lives near or in Berbon and can check the parish records for me. I am looking for John Boon born abt 1832 trying to trace his parents. I think his mum was called Mary but that is all we have, not even sure if he had any brothers or sisters. Any inforamtion greatfully recieved, Thanks for any help. mary

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Jul 2007 20:18

Where did his name and birth info come from? Is he on a census? If so, which? Reg

Penny

Penny Report 19 Jul 2007 20:27

where is Berbon? near where? prob this one, Heather 1861 Name: John Boon Age: 28 Estimated birth year: abt 1833 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Rhoda Gender: Male Where born: Berbon, Northamptonshire, England Civil Parish: Stepney Ecclesiastical parish: St Philip County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Registration district: Mile End Old Town Sub-registration district: Mile End Old Town Western ED, institution, or vessel: 6 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 32 Household Members: Name Age Harriet Boon 3 John Boon 28 Mary A Boon 49 , Born Thetford? Rhoda Boon 28 looking at the image its possibly Rushden or Rushton

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Jul 2007 20:29

Is this the John whose wife was called Rhoda? If so, his birthplace in 1871 was given as Peterborough. His marriage cert would give his father's name........if known. Based on 1861 census, if the 'visitor' was his mother........she was unmarried, so you are unlikely to learn his father's identity.......... Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Jul 2007 20:32

Is this his baptism? Mother (Mary) Ann? John Boon Christening: 04 JUL 1832 Peterborough, Northampton, England Parents: Mother: Ann Boon Source Information: Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type: Batch No: I007297 Reg

Mary

Mary Report 21 Jul 2007 17:43

Thanks for the help so far, yes his wife was Rhoda , but I have his mum being Mary?, each cenus gives a different birth place, there is Berbon also Gretton and Peterborough that's why I was hoping some one could check the records up there for me. Cheers Mary

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jul 2007 17:54

I was suggesting that Mary's second forename was Ann..based on 1871 census........ The marriage cert would clarify things.......... Reg