Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Address Lookup

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simon-Peter

Simon-Peter Report 19 Jul 2007 18:11

Hi All, I have an old document from 1904 with an address of, 33 Elm Road, Crumpsall, Manchester. Can I have the details of who was living their in 1901 please. The name Ogden may occur. Cheers, Simon.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 19 Jul 2007 18:13

1901 is searchable by address on National Archives but costs about 75p Or trawl through the ED sheets to find the right street Maureen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 19 Jul 2007 18:13

A name would be useful as dozens of Ogdens in Manchester area Maureen

Simon-Peter

Simon-Peter Report 19 Jul 2007 18:39

I didn't realise 1901 wasn't searchable by address. I tohught that would be enough. Can you try for a Miss E Ogden. As it's 'Miss' I'd imagine she'd be 15 to 25 so born 1880 - 1890. Elizabeth, Ellen ...enything could be the E. Hope this helps Simon.

Thelma

Thelma Report 19 Jul 2007 18:58

Both of these are living in Crumpsall Lane and are the only E's 1901 Elizabeth A Ogden Matilda abt 1868 Manchester, Lancashire, England Daughter Crumpsall Lancashire View Record Emily Ogden Matilda abt 1854 Manchester, Lancashire, England Daughter Crumpsall Lancashire

Simon-Peter

Simon-Peter Report 19 Jul 2007 20:38

Baby, Jim, Thanks for the effort. Pity we couldn't find the right people. Perhaps they arrived at Elm Road after 1901. Cheers, Simon.