Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birmingham Look Up Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 18 Jul 2007 15:03

Hi, could anybody help me on this one please, I'm desperate to find Edward Wilson born in Birmingham..he married Nina Clark in 1938 but disappeared around 1950, he did divorce her not sure which year, they had four children - Ted 1938, Joan 1939, Ronald and Frederick born Birmingham...Joan remembers a address - 66 ColeMeadow Road, Billsley, Birmingham, but not sure which year it represents, i think Edwards parents were Edward Wilson and Maud/Maude, plus a younger brother Sidney/Sid Wilson Perhaps Maud/Maude and Edward Married at Birmingham also..i can't find anything on BMD just a possible 1914 as birth year for Edward which could be right as Nina A Clark was born 1918...but there are that many of them!! please help, i'd be grateful for any information kind regards angela

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jul 2007 15:21

If you are hoping to trace Edward's antecedents, you need to start with the marriage cert, if you haven't already got it Reg

Gemma

Gemma Report 18 Jul 2007 18:26

Hi Angela I have just found their marriage on the marriage index: Jan/Feb/Mar 1938 Volume 6d Page 634 What info exactly are you looking for? Gemma.

Angela

Angela Report 18 Jul 2007 18:49

hi Gemma, thankyou for the marriage details of Edward and Nina, it looks like Reggie says i'll have to send for the Certificate as i want details on Edward Wilson - what his birth date was, when he died, if he married again, was Maud/maude his mother and Edward, i have had a look on the ancestry BMD but there are quite a few...one possible marriage is Maud Foster and Sidney Wilson 1915 but don't know as his parents...all this i would say is in Birmingham. Edward is my husbands grandfather who left the family when his children were small around 1950.....i have this address as 66 Colemeadow Road Billsley Birmingham where he lived in the 1950's..do you know if i can find out anything from the electron Roll and are they avialable online as i live about 170 miles from birmingham...hard name to research, shame he hasn't an unusual middle name

Gemma

Gemma Report 18 Jul 2007 19:10

Hi I really don't know if the electoral roll is online. Sorry I could not be of more help. The marriage certificate is probably the way to go. Regards, Gemma.

Angela

Angela Report 18 Jul 2007 19:38

Many thanks again Gemma, i will look into getting the certificate and go back from that. regards angela