Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

place of birth name

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LiverBird1

LiverBird1 Report 18 Jul 2007 13:31

I'm trying to find my GG grandmother's daughter in the Birth index her name was Dorothy Thomas born abt 1900 in Abram, Lancashire. In the 1901 census her name is down as Dauthey (I'm asuming it was mis spelt) Would Abram come under Lancashire Manchester or any thing else! Thanks Lisa

Penny

Penny Report 18 Jul 2007 13:38

1901 might help Name: Douthey Thomas Age: 1 Estimated birth year: abt 1900 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Shem Mother's name: Cassandra Gender: Female Where born: Abram, Lancashire, England Civil parish: Ince in Makerfield Ecclesiastical parish: St Mary Town: Ince County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Registration district: Wigan Sub-registration district: Hindley ED, institution, or vessel: 25 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 29 Household Members: Name Age Cassandra Thomas 38 Bebbington, Cheshire Catherine Thomas 9 Credpoeth, Derbyshire Douthey Thomas 1 Herber E Thomas 12 Ashton in Makerfield Lily M Thomas 16 Ashton in Makerfield Robert S Thomas 18 Coldpoeth, Denbighshire Shem Thomas 43 Relken, Flintshire, Wales Shem Thomas 10 Credpoeth, Derbyshire Stephen L Thomas 14 Spennymoore, Durham,

Penny

Penny Report 18 Jul 2007 13:46

be quite careful when looking back for these - it looks as though only the later children may have been Shems Shem Thomas 1899 Apr-May-Jun Liverpool (1837-1924) Lancashire Cassandra Winson 1899 Apr-May-Jun Liverpool (1837-1924) Lancashire

LiverBird1

LiverBird1 Report 18 Jul 2007 13:49

Hi Scarlett ribbons in my hair Thanks for that, would Abram come under Wigan then?? Lisa

Penny

Penny Report 18 Jul 2007 13:51

do you know of any second name - found this one Name: Dorothy Mildred A Thomas Year of Registration: 1900 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun DISTRICT: Wigan County: Greater Manchester, Lancashire Volume: 8c Page: 93

LiverBird1

LiverBird1 Report 18 Jul 2007 13:51

Hi Thanks, Yes only Dorothy was Cassandra's and Shem's child others were from his first marriage.My line is from Cassandra's first son born much earlier in 1885 no father! but can't seem to find Dorothy! ther's always one. Many thanks for your help Lisa

Penny

Penny Report 18 Jul 2007 13:52

Yes, it will come under Wigan

LiverBird1

LiverBird1 Report 18 Jul 2007 13:58

Hi Not sure of any second names but I'll take a chance on that Dorothy and order the cert, many thanks for your help Lisa

LiverBird1

LiverBird1 Report 18 Jul 2007 14:06

Scarlett ribbons for my hair Hope you got my message of Thanks, my computers gone haywire and I have errors on page. Also found a death for that certain Dorothy Mildred A Thomas in Walesin 1908 and as Shem was from Wales it's possible she's the one. THANKS Lisa