Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 CENSUS LOOKUP PLEASE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alice Fold

Alice Fold Report 18 Jul 2007 12:58

Can some kind person please check the 1841 Census for Thomas Clague born 1833 in the Isle of Man. I am trying to find out the names of his parents and siblings and any occupations. Any help would be appreciated.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Jul 2007 13:08

There are 6 or 7 possibles born about the same time. Do you have any idea of birthplace? Maureen

Penny

Penny Report 18 Jul 2007 13:09

anything more specific to go on?? Thomas Clague abt 1834 Isle of Man, Isle of Man Lonan Isle of Man Thomas Clague abt 1831 Isle of Man, Isle of Man Malew Isle of Man Thomas Clague abt 1833 Isle of Man, Isle of Man Onchan Isle of Man Thomas Clague abt 1831 Isle of Man, Isle of Man Rushen Isle of Man Thomas Clague abt 1834 Isle of Man, Isle of Man Rushen Isle of Man Thos Clague abt 1831 Isle of Man, Isle of Man Conchan Isle of Man Thos Clague abt 1835 Isle of Man, Isle of Man German Isle of Man

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Jul 2007 13:10

Thomas 1834 Lonan Thomas 1831 Malew Thomas 1833 Concan Thomas 1831 Rushen Thomas 1834 Rushen Thomas 1831 Conchan Thomas 1835 German Maureen

Georgina

Georgina Report 18 Jul 2007 13:12

From the IGI...These are the nearest in date. THOMAS CLAGUE Male Event(s): Birth: Christening: 23 DEC 1832 Braddan, Isle Of Man, England Death: Burial: Parents: Father: DANIEL CLAGUE Mother: JANE GELLING ________________________________________________ Thomas Clague Male Event(s): Birth: Christening: 28 SEP 1834 Lonan, Isle Of Man, England Death: Burial: Parents: Father: Edward Clague Mother: Margaret Moore Georgina.

Penny

Penny Report 18 Jul 2007 13:15

the 1851 gives parents names, but if we dont know parents names, it doesnt help much Thomas Clague son of Robert & Jane abt 1833 Conchan, Isle of Man, Isle of Man Son Conchan Isle of Man Thomas Clague stepson of Ann abt 1834 German, Isle of Man, Isle of Man Stepson German Isle of Man Thomas Clague son of Thomas & Margt abt 1834 Rushen, Isle of Man, Isle of Man Son Rushen Isle of Man Thomas Finlay Clague abt 1832 Douglas, Isle of Man, Isle of Man Apprentice Conchan Isle of Man

Alice Fold

Alice Fold Report 18 Jul 2007 13:44

Thanks to everyone for all your help. The only other info I have on Thomas Clague is from the 1881 Census when he was living at Water Work Cottage, Onchan, Isle of Man and was occupied as a car owner. However most of his children seem to have been born and christened in Douglas, Isle of Man. I also know that he was married to Eleanor or Ellen who was born in Kirk Lonan, Isle of Man. Unfortunately, none of this helps me to identify his parents. Thanks again to everyone for all their help. Dianne

Alice Fold

Alice Fold Report 18 Jul 2007 13:56

Having read all replies I would expect him most likely to tbe the Thomas Clague born 1833 in Onchan, Isle of Man. Dianne