Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 Lookup please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simon-Peter

Simon-Peter Report 18 Jul 2007 10:18

Hi All, I'm looking for Catherine Wilkinson (ne Lynch) in the 1871 census please. She married to Francis in 1863. He is lodging on business in 1871. There first daughter b 1864 is with grandparents in 1871. They had more children born from 1876 in the 1881 census. Where was she in 1871? I expect her to be in the Manchester, Salford area. I have the following regarding her; Catherine Wilkinson (ne Lynch) b 1842/3 Ireland, Living; 21 Gordon Street, Pendleton, Lancashire 1863. Father; James Lynch. m 08/12/1863 St Mary's Parish Church, Eccles, Salford, Lancashire to Francis Wilkinson. Hope someone can find her asthere may be other children! Thanks in advance, Simon.

Diane

Diane Report 18 Jul 2007 10:34

Hi Simon Found this I know it states she was born in Manchester but she is listed as married to a clerk. Possible that the person who gave the info to the enumerator gave the wrong birthplace as this Catherine was in hospital in 1871 Catherine Wilkinson Age: 28 Estimated birth year: abt 1843 Relation: Patient Gender: Female Where born: Manchester, Lancashire, England Civil parish: Manchester Ecclesiastical parish: St John County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address:St Mary's hospital Quay Street Occupation:patient Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Manchester Sub-registration district: Deansgate ED, institution, or vessel: 11 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 158 All Catherine Wilkinsons listed as born in Ireland on 1871 census are with husbands other than Francis. Hope this is of some help

Simon-Peter

Simon-Peter Report 18 Jul 2007 11:04

Diane, Thanks for that it looks good. Does it give the name of the hospital which I take is in Deansgate. Cheers, Simon.