Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

problem

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 18 Jul 2007 00:03

hi , i Trying to help my wife get her tree going but after a few names we hit a brickwall, we know these people existed and where they lived but few show up on census, Edward higgins born Eire, married to Beatrice leonard salford lancs. her mother (maiden name uknown) Martha ann married a mr leonard about 1897 not sure what happened to him she later re married a mr buckley and took on his son william, they all lived in a house in love lane stockport.love lane doesnt exist anymore.,like to find out more about Edward higgins,if he hd a relatives or his mother and farther cheers dave

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 18 Jul 2007 00:13

If you get Higgins marriage cert, that will tell you the name of his father, which may help you to find the family on census. However, do be warned - Irish research is very tricky (but not impossible - there are a few experts on GR!) OC

David

David Report 18 Jul 2007 00:21

thanks but thats the problem we cant find his wedding anywhere, my wife used to visit them when they were alive ,we cant even get any info from grave as theives stole the marble headstone

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 18 Jul 2007 00:25

This makes it easier on the ol' eyes David....(not your fault, it's GR) Problem Hi I'm trying to help my wife get her tree going but after a few names we hit a brickwall. We know these people existed and where they lived but few show up on census. Edward Higgins born Eire, married to Beatrice Leonard... Salford Lancs. Her mother (maiden name uknown) was Martha Ann married a Mr Leonard about 1897 not sure what happened to him. She later re married a Mr Buckley and took on his son William. They all lived in a house in Love Lane Stockport.Love Lane doesnt exist anymore., Like to find out more about Edward Higgins,if he had any relatives or his Mother and Father. Cheers Dave.

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 18 Jul 2007 00:37

Um, there's this interesting marriage Ernest G Higgins to Beatrice Hendrie, 1913, Broughton Salem, Wellington St East, Salford. It is the only Beatrice anybody marrying any Higgins. Cannot find any Beatrice Hendrie/Leonard births though, to follow this up. OC

Janet in Yorkshire

Janet in Yorkshire Report 18 Jul 2007 00:37

How about this for the second marriage? Rochdale AMJ 1915 Mary Leonard Alfred Buckley Up date Sorry - hadn't my specs on - thought it said MARY rather than Martha!! Jay

Dianne

Dianne Report 18 Jul 2007 00:38

Hi David This is all I could manage but it might be something helpful hopefully Martha A Leonard married William Buckley, West Derby, JFM 1927, 8b 1225 Edward Higgins married Beatrice Winward, Ashton JFM 1948, 10b 203 Could Beatrice's name have been Winward or was it definitely Leonard. Martha's wedding cert to Mr Buckley may shed some light on this. Maybe she was Miss or Mrs Winward who married Mr Leonard. I've not found anything on Edward though unfortunately, and it's my bedtime. Dianne xx

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 18 Jul 2007 00:39

It's late and I'm tired David but this might help your thread move forward.... 1901 ?? Martha Ann Leonard Age: 28 Estimated birth year: abt 1873 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: George Wm Gender: Female Where born: Salford, Lancashire, England Civil parish: Salford Ecclesiastical parish: Salford St Bartholomew County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Salford Sub-registration district: Regent Road ED, institution, or vessel: 28 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 198 Household Members: Name Age Lucy Berry 24 Elizth B Leonard 6 George Wm Leonard 30 <<occupation looks like...Twist Dune hand? (cotton Mill maybe?) John Leonard 42 Martha Ann Leonard 28 Gerri x

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 18 Jul 2007 00:44

This looks like the marriage of the Martha and George who appear on the 1901 census: Marriages Jun 1894 (>99%) Berry Martha Ann Salford 8d 42 Leonard George William Salford 8d 42

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 18 Jul 2007 00:47

Beatrice Leonard b March Q 1908 Salford - cert will give mothers maiden name - but look at marriages for June Q 1894 in Salford where 2 of four people are George William Leonard and Martha Ann Berry Peter

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 18 Jul 2007 00:47

And it looks as though the Elizabeth B Leonard on the 1901 census was your Beatrice: Births Dec 1894 (>99%) Leonard Elizabeth Beatrice Salford 8d 134

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 18 Jul 2007 00:47

and this: Martha A Berry to George W Leonard, Pendleton St Paul, Salford 1894 and Beatrice Berry, b 1886, Barton on Irwell, Salford. OC

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 18 Jul 2007 00:54

Probable birth and death for George: Births Sep 1870 (>99%) Leonard George William Manchester 8d 152 Deaths Dec 1909 (>99%) LEONARD George William 39 Salford 8d 94