Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with finding a Worthington Marriage please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 17 Jul 2007 14:50

Hi, could somebody please take a look for two marriages for me i don't seem to be able to find them.... Annie Worthington born 1898 to Eleanor Butler(Born 1874 Flookburgh) and John Worthington(born 1871 Halton Lancaster) Annie was born at Glasson Dock registered at Lancaster...her sister Emily was born 1900/1 - same parents and same area of birth as Annie I have Emily as married to a Shuttleworth and one of her children was called Sam...a relative thought her husband was called Thomas, but i found a Home Guard Letter from King George in an old box from a relative that was married to a worthington, but she doesn't know anything about it sadly, - with the name S Shuttleworth on...which would make sense of young Sam being called after him..i think Emily must have died young as Sam was brought up by his Auntie, and by the Home Guard Notice his dad perhaps killed..... Annie and Emily had seven other brothers and sisters

Robyn

Robyn Report 17 Jul 2007 15:29

There is an Annie Worthington marrying in the second quarter of 1918 at Bolton volume 8c page 735 - surname of husband is PACE

Robyn

Robyn Report 17 Jul 2007 15:31

Sorry I forgot his christian name is ERNEST

Robyn

Robyn Report 17 Jul 2007 15:39

John Worthington c1871 - lots of John's but here's one which might fit your details First quarter of 1893 registered in Lancaster volume 8a page number is blurred, but I think is says 996 No surname of the spouse is given in this register

Angela

Angela Report 17 Jul 2007 15:53

Hi Robyn, many thanks, that's the right one for John 1871- married 1893 as first child James, brother of Annie and Emily was born 1894....could l be cheeky and ask if you could check Emily's marriage for me please she was born 1900, to John Worthington above and Eleanor Butler, and i think it is either Sam or Thomas Shuttleworth she married...

Robyn

Robyn Report 17 Jul 2007 16:10

There is a marriage registered at Cheadle in the second quarter of 1920 volume 6b page 919 to a GILBERT HUDSON with EMILY WORTHINGTON

Robyn

Robyn Report 17 Jul 2007 16:15

I've just re-read your last message. Disregard the last message - that was the wrong one. I've found Emily as marrying Thomas Shuttleworth in the third quarter of 1920 volume 8e page 2487 registered in Lancaster

Angela

Angela Report 17 Jul 2007 16:58

Thankyou Robyn, it must be right in Thomas being Emily's Husband like somebody mentioned, Sam there son must have been in the Home Guard, then, Many thanks you have given me something to go on now angela