Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with Katie BMD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 17 Jul 2007 14:26

Hi Guys, Can anyone help me find records on the birth or marrige or anything on a Katie Byrne.All i know is she had a child which she up for adoption,she had the child in 1917 ( roughly) in a hospital in Dublin but she actually lived in Kilburn,southern Ireland.Please can anyone help me find her details or suggest a free search website where i might find SOUTHERN irish records. thanks guys Kath

kaz

kaz Report 17 Jul 2007 14:31

Hi Kathryn I am right in thinking she had the child at a young age and that was the reason she put the child up for adoption? Kaz

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 17 Jul 2007 14:37

Hi Kaz, I think she in her late teens,i am not 100% as i do not know her DOB yet. kath

kaz

kaz Report 17 Jul 2007 14:42

Going on the date that Katie had the child and that she may have been very young when she gave birth i have found this for you, Could this be her with her parents and siblings? Husband ANDREW BYRNE Pedigree Birth: About 1864 Of, Newbridge, Kildare, Ireland Christening: Marriage: About 1889 Of, Newbridge, Kildare, Ireland Death: Burial: Wife ALICE NOLAN Pedigree Birth: 01 APR 1868 Christening: Marriage: About 1889 Of, Newbridge, Kildare, Ireland Death: Burial: Father: JEREMIAH NOLAN Family Mother: CATHERINE MIGHT Children 1. ANNIE BYRNE Pedigree Female Birth: About 1890 Of, Newbridge, Kildare, Ireland Christening: Death: 13 DEC 1943 Burial: 2. ALICE BYRNE Pedigree Female Birth: About 1892 Of, Newbridge, Kildare, Ireland Christening: Death: 21 FEB 1938 Burial: 3. JAMES BYRNE Pedigree Male Birth: 03 MAR 1900 Of, Newbridge, Kildare, Ireland Christening: Death: Burial: 4. KATHLEEN BYRNE Pedigree Female Birth: About 1902 Of, Newbridge, Kildare, Ireland Christening: Death: 22 MAY 1977 Burial: 5. MARY BYRNE Pedigree Female Birth: About 1904 Of, Newbridge, Kildare, Ireland Christening: Death: 17 JAN 1948 Burial:

kaz

kaz Report 17 Jul 2007 14:46

If you go onto the IGI site there are a few BMD's with the name you are researching. Google familysearch then the first link and it will take you to the site that i found the info i sent you, regards Kaz

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 17 Jul 2007 14:51

Hi Kaz, Thanks a million for that info,can you see anything for her coming from Kilburn in Kildare at all? Kath

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 17 Jul 2007 15:45

Kaz, Thanks for your help. Kath