Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone know where Basford is????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robyn

Robyn Report 17 Jul 2007 13:33

I have a place called Basford as being the registered birth place of one of my relatives, but can't search more without finding out where it is. Could it be Derbyshire or Leeds? Help required to further investigations. Thanks Robyn

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Jul 2007 13:36

Well its in Nottinghamshire now whether its always been there is?? Update yes it was created 1837 .

June

June Report 17 Jul 2007 13:36

The district Basford spans the boundaries of the counties of Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire;

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥ Report 17 Jul 2007 13:37

one in crewe staffordshire (leek) nottingham

Sam

Sam Report 17 Jul 2007 13:38

Do you have any more information? There is more than one Basford - there are two in Staffordshire and at least one in Nottinghamshire and probably many more! Sam x

Robyn

Robyn Report 17 Jul 2007 13:42

Thanks for the info - don't know what I'd do without help from you guys on this site. Robyn

Lisa

Lisa Report 17 Jul 2007 13:56

Hiya, Basford, in Nottinghamshire, does have it's own registry office. It is between Bulwell and the city of Nottingham. L x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Jul 2007 14:22

The records are divided now between Basford, Nottingham. Rushcliffe, Mansfield .Erewash, & Bassetlaw disricst. The address for Basford is Basford The Register Office, The Woodlands, Highbury Road, Bulwell, Nottingham, NG6 9DA. Tel: 0115 927 1294. Fax: 0115 977 1845. Shirley This is a good site to put in your favourites Registration Districts in England & wales 1837-1974 http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/index.htm

Robyn

Robyn Report 17 Jul 2007 16:27

I am most impressed by all the knowledge you have. Thanks very much.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Jul 2007 18:07

Robyn lol Its not all in the mind, its knowing where to look to find info sometimes and being able to copy & paste. Shirley