Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any ideas appreciated

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorna

Lorna Report 16 Jul 2007 20:35

My ggg grandfather was Philip Sayer born c1826 Norfolk (living in Bergh Apton in the 41 census so i've assumed he was born around there). He married Maria Smith 1853 Loddon. Is named on my gg grandparents marriage cert in 1889 as father of the bride. Died 1892. BUT doesn't appear on any other census' after 41. I can't find any of them in the 61 but the 71 and 81 has Maria (and family) living in Kirstead without him although she is still described as being married. I wonderd if he was in the armed forces but isn't it a coincidence that he was out of the country for 5 consecutive census'? Can anyone think of any other reasons why he may not be recorded and where I could go about finding out? Any suggestoins gratefully received, Lorna

Maureen

Maureen Report 16 Jul 2007 20:56

Lorna, Philip SAYER is in the 1851 census for Norfolk. Ref.10/107/1820 Film 358 Page 27 Film 0207473 Mathias 54 Hempstead Norfolk Elizabeth 57 Bergh Apton Philip 26 :: John 24 :: Susan 18 :: Charlotte 16 :: Edward 11 :: Mary Ann 5 District: Burgh Apton Lodden Norfolk. I hope you can read this OK. It's the first time I have been able to answer a query!!!!!!! Mo

Lorna

Lorna Report 16 Jul 2007 21:03

Thats fantastic Mo, I reckoned to have checked that thoroughly (think I missed it because ancestry has translated Philip as Willie?). At least now that confirms that he was born in Bergh Apton but i'm still mighty confused as to where he disappeared to? Thanks, Lorna