Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 and 1871 lookups Pinkston

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 16 Jul 2007 19:49

Have found marriage of Julia Pinkston to George Flower q3 1873 West Derby 8b 928. Looking for info on Julia before her marriage. Believe she was born abt 1856 in Lancs ?. Can you find her in 1861 and 1871 and give her parents/siblings details. Thanks for looking. Helen.

Helen

Helen Report 16 Jul 2007 20:14

thanks - yes think this is them. any luck with 1861 ? Helen.

Sue C

Sue C Report 16 Jul 2007 20:14

Possible 1871? Julia Pinkston Age: 17 Estimated birth year: abt 1854 Relation: Daughter Father's name: William Mother's name: Bridget Gender: Female Where born: Liverpool Civil parish: Liverpool Ecclesiastical parish: St Thomas Town: Liverpool County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: West Derby Sub-registration district: Toxteth Park ED, institution, or vessel: 19 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 102 Household Members: Name Age Bridget Pinkston 36 James Pinkston 8 John Pinkston 13 Julia Pinkston 17 Kenrictta Pinkston 3 Mary A Pinkston 19 Robert Pinkston 15 Teresa Pinkston 7 William Pinkston 38

Sue C

Sue C Report 16 Jul 2007 20:21

No luck so far with 1861. Sue

Helen

Helen Report 16 Jul 2007 20:32

thanks so far. Helen.

Sue C

Sue C Report 16 Jul 2007 20:41

Found these on findmypast 1861. Different name for William's wife, but same area as 1871 and William's occupation is joiner on both census's. Could he have married twice? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PINKSTONE, William Head Married M 31 Joiner Ireland PINKSTONE, Eliza Wife Married F 28 Ireland PINKSTONE, Mary A Daughter F 9 Scholar Ireland PINKSTONE, Julia Daughter F 7 Scholar Liverpool Lancashire PINKSTONE, Robert Son M 5 Scholar Liverpool Lancashire PINKSTONE, John Son M 3 Scholar Liverpool Lancashire PINKSTONE, William Son M 1 Liverpool Lancashire -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RG number: RG09 Piece: 2700 Folio: 138 Page: 38 Registration District: West Derby Sub District: 1 Toxteth Park EnumerationDistrict: Ecclesiastical Parish: St Thomas Civil Parish: Toxteth Park Municipal Borough: Liverpool Address: 4, 10 Court, Cumbermere Street, Toxteth Park, Liverpool

Helen

Helen Report 16 Jul 2007 20:44

I wonder if Bridget's middle name was Elizabeth ? will keep searching. thanks again for your help. Helen xxxx

Sue C

Sue C Report 16 Jul 2007 21:04

If this is the right family, I fear you may have a bit of trouble. Both William and Bridget/Eliza were born in Ireland, and unless you are very lucky, this is where you might come to a halt. I have with my Irish ancestors because without knowing exactly where in Ireland they came from, it sems to be impossible to trace further back. Good luck though, Sue

Helen

Helen Report 16 Jul 2007 21:12

Sue, thanks so much for your help so far. I am hoping the marriage cert will confirm the parents and tie in. I know that Ireland is very hit and miss but can only hope that someone else doing their tree has a hit with mine. This has happened with my scottish leg and has taken me back to 1600's. Fingers crossed. Happy searching. bbfn. Helen.