Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Couple of look ups please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 16 Jul 2007 11:18

I'm trying to find the GRO ref for the following person: Douglas Holmes born around 1948 don't know when he died - son of Arnold and Florrie Holmes - from Bradford. Birth of above and death would be much appreciated. Thankyou

lyndylou74

lyndylou74 Report 16 Jul 2007 11:24

could he have been born in 1940 as there is a death on ancestry for a douglas holmes born june 28 1940 died in 1996 in bradford district

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Jul 2007 11:29

If the above is the right person then this looks like the birth reference:- Douglas Holmes, mmn Harrison Sept. qtr. 1940, Bradford, 9b, 232 and this is the death reference:- Name: Douglas Holmes Birth Date: 28 Jun 1940 Death Registration Month/Year: Jan 1996 Age at death (estimated): 55 Registration district: Bradford Inferred County: Yorkshire Register number: B54A Entry Number: 118 Kath. x

lyndylou74

lyndylou74 Report 16 Jul 2007 11:39

was this his fathers death Name: Arnold Holmes Birth Date: 30 Apr 1926 Death Registration Month/Year: Apr 1992 Age at death (estimated): 66 Registration district: Bradford Inferred County: Yorkshire Volume: 4 Page: 85 if this was his dad maybe the birth ref for the douglas isnt the correct one do you know any of his parents details

lyndylou74

lyndylou74 Report 16 Jul 2007 11:53

i have looked through the records and found a birth in the april to june quarter of 1947 of a douglas holmes in the bradford district volume 2b page 408 and the mothers maiden name is Pollard. I wont search through anymore until maybe you can verify we are actually following the right line for you and if possible any parents details you may know x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Jul 2007 12:03

That birth looks much more likely, so the death in my first reply is probably the wrong one too. Kath. x