Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is this the same family?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 16 Jul 2007 10:47

See below in a minute.

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 16 Jul 2007 10:51

This is my family in 1881 and then what looks like them in 1891. Only problem is, the ages of the children don't tally up. 1881 England Census about Robert Sharp Name: Robert Sharp Age: 49 Estimated birth year: abt 1832 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Ellen Gender: Male Where born: Dunblane, Scotland Civil parish: Everton County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: 6 Stitt St Condition as to marriage: Married Education: Employment status: Occupation: Joiner Registration district: West Derby Sub-registration district: Everton ED, institution, or vessel: 7 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Ellen Sharp 42 Isabella Sharp John Sharp 9 Richard Sharp 5 Robert Sharp 49 Robert Sharp 14 Rosey Sharp 7 William Sharp 20 1891 CENSUS: SHARP, Robert Head Married M 64 Joiner Liverpool SHARP, Ellen Wife Married F 53 Liverpool MCEVOY, Margaret Daughter Married F 23 Liverpool SHARP, John Son M 16 Apprentice Liverpool SHARP, Rose Daughter F 15 Liverpool SHARP, Richard Son M 10 Scholar Liverpool SHARP, Isabella Daughter F 8 Scholar Liverpool -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RG number: RG12 Piece: 2989 Folio: 35 Page: 6 Registration District: West Derby Sub District: West Derby (Municipal) EnumerationDistrict: 10 Ecclesiastical Parish: St Stephen Civil Parish: West Derby Municipal Borough: Liverpool Address: 14, Mason Street, West Derby, Liverpool Could there possibly be two families here? Deb:)

Julie

Julie Report 16 Jul 2007 10:55

I'm no expert on these things but as the ages only seem to be a year out and some are the same, could it be that the census was done in a different month and they had birthdays

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥ Report 16 Jul 2007 10:56

dates census taken 1881 sun/mon 3rd/4th april ------------------------- 1891 sun/mon 5th/6th april

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 16 Jul 2007 11:03

My concern is mostly with Richard, my g/grandfather who seems to have aged only 5 years. I know from certs that this has to be the right family, but for me to go back further, I need to be sure. On Richard's marriage cert, his father was Robert, a Joiner. Ditto on his birth cert. But I don't know if Robert was born in Dunblane Scotland, or Liverpool. The two census records contradict. Deb:)

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥ Report 16 Jul 2007 11:04

different family in 1892 robert born liverpool but is joiner

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥ Report 16 Jul 2007 11:25

have you got marriage for robert and ellen what was her maiden name

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 16 Jul 2007 11:37

I don't have their marriage yet. If they're the 1881 couple, then they may have married in Scotland as their eldest son was born in Dunblane. Deb:) P.S I'm really starting to think that the enumerator who took down the info made quite a few mistakes and that these are in fact the same family.

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥ Report 16 Jul 2007 11:47

what is ellens maiden name on the birth cert for her son

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 16 Jul 2007 11:47

She's just Ellen Sharp, no formerly.....which is weird. Their address was in Everton. Deb:)

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 16 Jul 2007 11:59

It might pay for me to order one of the other children's birth certs. Her maiden name might appear. Deb:)

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥ Report 16 Jul 2007 12:16

possibly i have looked through all soundexed names as well and cant find another couple and on 1891 person above robert was from scotland coincidence?

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 16 Jul 2007 12:32

I saw that too. What if the 'Scotland' was meant to be next to his name? I know that these images weren't the original documents taken at the doorstep, but copied after all the info was gathered.......so possibly a double-up of mistakes. Deb:) I'm going to try and find Isabella's birth ref and send off for cert. I can't explain why Ellen's maiden name doesn't appear. Even if it was Sharp, it would say 'Formerly Sharp'.

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥ Report 16 Jul 2007 12:37

i know very odd all my certs have maiden names

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 16 Jul 2007 12:48

Thanks for all your help Louise. I'm going to go with this being the same family and Robert being born in Dunblane. Deb:) I'm off to bed now. It's getting late here in OZ. Night night.