Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is this my uncles brother help please ;;;;;;;;;;;

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 15 Jul 2007 20:41

my grt uncle was James Frank Woodford b.1910 southampton i also have Albert Edward Woodford b.1910 southampton i have no more info but i am hopeing someone can find out if they are twin brothers or not even related at all i got this info about Albert from another GR member but they don,t know anymore either....please help......

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jul 2007 20:44

The only way to find out is to buy both certs and find out the names of their parents. Are the GRO refs identical? Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jul 2007 20:46

This is one of them........... Name: James Frank Woodford Year of Registration: 1910 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun DISTRICT: Southampton County: Hampshire Volume: 2c Page: 14 No sign of the other one on transcribed records.........what are the exact details? Reg

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 15 Jul 2007 20:47

Reggie beat me to it, but there is no Albert Edward in the same quarter.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jul 2007 20:52

Gary You need to get your informant to check the info........and the source. There seems to be considerable doubt about its veracity. Reg

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 15 Jul 2007 20:52

HI Reg thanks for that James was my great uncle but i just don,t seem to be able to find any of his family all i know is that he was married to my great aunt Florence Mary Knights they were married in Southampton 1933.......

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 15 Jul 2007 20:56

hi thanks very much for looking maybe they were cousins or something i will just have to keep looking..........

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 15 Jul 2007 21:15

hi Brenda thanks for all those births gets a bit confusing does,nt it............

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 15 Jul 2007 21:19

hi Brenda i have just found out from the person who gave me the info that albert was born in lymington so thaks for your help with that one all i need to find out now is James Frank Woodfords mothers maiden name then i will be on the right track.......

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 15 Jul 2007 21:36

hi brenda thanks for the marriage of Edward and Ellen i really need to find James Woodfords parents now then i will be able to carry on with this side of the family..............

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jul 2007 21:59

You can only obtain that info by buying the birth cert.......... Reg