Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mitchells again please....1871

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 15 Jul 2007 18:25

Thanks for finding F W Mitchell on 1871 census. My next line of thought is if he was with his grandfather in 1871 where were his parents. Frederick Rosier Mitchell, wife Annie and their daughter Annie R Mitchell age about 6. They obviously moved about a lot owing to the different birthplaces of children on the 1881 census. I know he was in court in about 1872 for dealing unfairly with his creditors this was in Wales. Karen

Julie

Julie Report 15 Jul 2007 18:45

Karen being as i know nothing about your other look up what area are you talking Julie

Karen

Karen Report 15 Jul 2007 18:56

Right.. In 1871 Frederick Mitchell age 4 is with his grandfather Joseph age 54 in Aylesbury. In 1881 F Mitchell age 14 is with his parents Frederick Rosier Mitchell and Annie Mitchell + numerous siblings living in Bradwell, Buckinghamshire. Where were F R Mitchell & Annie Mitchell in 1871? There would have been a daughter Annie R Mitchell age 6 and possibly a daughter Emma F Mitchell age 1. Emma was born in Aberdare, Wales. Frederick Rosier Mitchell was a pawnbroker, I believe he was in court in Wales in 1872. Therefore I think he might be in Wales somewhere for the 1871 census though why Frederick junior is not with them I do not know?? Karen

Julie

Julie Report 15 Jul 2007 19:12

Karen Not finding them in Wales

Karen

Karen Report 15 Jul 2007 19:15

Name could be mistranscribed as 'Matchell' Karen

Julie

Julie Report 15 Jul 2007 19:20

I looked for them all with no surname

Julie

Julie Report 15 Jul 2007 19:22

This is Emmas birth so she wouldn't be on the 71 Births Dec 1871 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mitchell Emma Fisher Merthyr T. 11a 448 If Frederick was in court in 1872 then thats probably why Emma was born there

Karen

Karen Report 15 Jul 2007 19:31

Maybe they were in hiding from their creditors!!!!!!!!!!!!

JackieInCardiff

JackieInCardiff Report 15 Jul 2007 19:49

Hi Karen He's been mis-transcribed as 'Matchell' Name: Fredk R Matchell Age: 26 Estimated birth year: abt 1845 Relation: Head Gender: Male Where born: Clerkenwell, Middlesex, England Civil parish: Aberdare Town: Aberdare County/Island: Glamorgan Country: Wales Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Merthyr Tydfil Sub-registration district: Aberdare ED, institution, or vessel: 30 He has his brother-in-law living with him- Thomas H Fisher age 13 No sign of his wife at same address. Off to have a look around for her now. Jackie

JackieInCardiff

JackieInCardiff Report 15 Jul 2007 20:03

Karen Looks like she was visiting her in-laws Name: Annie Mitchel Age: 23 Estimated birth year: abt 1848 Relation: Daughter-in-law Gender: Female Where born: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, England Civil parish: Islington St Andrew Ecclesiastical parish: St Andrew County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Islington Sub-registration district: Islington West ED, institution, or vessel: 41 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 54 Household Members: Name Age Annie Mitchel 23 Henry Mitchel 30 Margaret Mitchel 58 Mary Mitchel 22 No sign of little Annie aged approx 6 though. Jackie

Karen

Karen Report 16 Jul 2007 10:33

Thank you very much. These Mitchells seem to be all over the place! I wonder where daughter Annie is?? Karen