Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841, 1851 Census Look Up Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosie

Rosie Report 14 Jul 2007 20:02

Hello, can someone kindly do look ups on the 1841 & 1851 census please. Timothy Hanson born c1791 - Sandal Magna Wakefield Yorkshire wife, Esther Blackmore born c1791 Crofton Wakefield Any help would be much appreciated. Rosie Edited: sorry made a typing error with Blackmore surname

Fiona

Fiona Report 14 Jul 2007 20:27

Hi Rosie, Just putting this here as I think this might be Esther and her children?? Image for children does say Hampson but I'm working on the enumerator miss hearing. Says son-in-law for the two sons but think it means step son. 1851. Name: Esther Potts Age: 58 Estimated birth year: abt 1793 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Joseph Gender: Female Where born: Crofton, Yorkshire, England Civil parish: Barnsley Ecclesiastical parish: St Mary Town: Barnsley County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Barnsley Sub-registration district: Barnsley ED, institution, or vessel: 3c Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 6 Household Members: Name Age Hannah Absent Charlotte Hampson 9 Esther Hampson 3 Margaret Hampson 1/11mo Mary Hampson 11 Richard Hampson 19 Thomas Hampson 38 Thomas Hampson 1 11mo William Heptonstall 19 Esther Potts 58 Joseph Potts 54 Hannah Absent Sigerson, Durham, England Granddaughter Barnsley Yorkshire Charlotte Hampson abt 1842 West Melton, Yorkshire, England Granddaughter Barnsley Yorkshire Esther Hampson abt 1848 Cownden, Durham, England Granddaughter Barnsley Yorkshire Margaret Hampson abt 1851 Sigerson, Durham, England Granddaughter Barnsley Yorkshire Mary Hampson abt 1840 West Melton, Yorkshire, England Granddaughter Barnsley Yorkshire Richard Hampson abt 1832 Crofton, Yorkshire, England Son-in-law Barnsley Yorkshire Thomas Hampson abt 1813 New Miller Darn, Yorkshire, England Son-in-law Barnsley Yorkshire Thomas Hampson abt 1849 Sigerson, Durham, England Grandson Barnsley Yorkshire William Heptonstall abt 1832 Thunscoe, Yorkshire, England Lodger Barnsley Yorkshire Esther Potts abt 1793 Crofton, Yorkshire, England Wife Barnsley Yorkshire Joseph Potts abt 1797 Darfield, Yorkshire, England Head Barnsley Yorkshire

Rosie

Rosie Report 14 Jul 2007 20:37

Thanks very much Fiona, I'll investigate that info further, see what I can find. Cheers, Rosie

Fiona

Fiona Report 14 Jul 2007 20:39

Found this marriage, might be them. Marriages Jun 1843 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- .........>ANSON Esther Ecclesfield 22 96 BERRY Mark Ecclesfield 22 96 BLACKSHAW John Ecclesfield 22 96 FIRTH Ellen Ecclesfield 22 96 FIRTH Ellin Ecclesfield 22 96 .........>POTTS Joseph Ecclesfield 22 96 RAMSDEN Sarah Ecclesfield 22 96 ROBINSON Sarah Ecclesfield 22 96 WROE David Ecclesfield 22 96

Rosie

Rosie Report 14 Jul 2007 20:48

Thanks once again Fiona, I'll check it out. Rosie

Fiona

Fiona Report 14 Jul 2007 20:52

Think this is Joseph in 1841, the Hannah, that is marked as absent in 1851 could be the Hannah with him here. Joseph is a Shoe maker. 1841. Name: Joseph Patts Age: 40 Estimated birth year: abt 1801 Gender: Male Where born: Yorkshire, England Civil parish: Barnsley Hundred: Staincross County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: View image Registration district: Ecclesfield Sub-registration district: Barnsley Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Hannah Patts 15 Joseph Patts 40 Mary Patts 10

Rosie

Rosie Report 14 Jul 2007 21:10

This one's really got me puzzled, so thanks for your time and help, it's greatly appreciated.

Rosie

Rosie Report 14 Jul 2007 22:03

Dear Fiona, I know I've already said it 3 or 4 times already lol, but THANK YOU very much! I've struggled for weeks trying to find what happened to the children of my gggg granparents, John & Charlotte Hanson,who I found on the 1851 census some time back, but they were down as lodgers and no sign of the children, I did find one son, living with relatives but no trace of their other children; now after scouring through my notes with the information you provided, I've found them, the two grandaughters, Mary & Hannah listed with the wrong name. You're a genious! Sorry, hope that made sense, I'm just excited to have made this breakthrough. Rosie

Fiona

Fiona Report 15 Jul 2007 01:51

Hi Rosie, So it looks like it might be the Hanson family with the mother/grandmother marrying Joseph Potts, so hopefully the marriage above will show that Esther (H)Anson was a widow and with any luck have her maiden name. Pleased what I found might be some use to you. Good luck with the rest of your search. Fiona.