Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed - 1901 census search please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Jul 2007 13:51

I am looking for William Frederick Reddick born 1841-ish, his wife Elizabeth born 1842-ish and any family they might have. I am not sure where they were born but suspect that at this time they would be living in the Coventry area. I would be grateful for any information. Thank you

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jul 2007 13:52

If you check 1881, which is free, you will find out where they were born, which will make it easier to find them in 1901. Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jul 2007 14:06

I can't see anyone on any census who could be these people........nor is there a likely marriage in the transcribed records. Do you have any more info to help us, please? Reg

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Jul 2007 14:07

Didn't think of that Reg. Will give it a go

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Jul 2007 14:17

The only other information I have is that they had several children (Names/dates unknown) except one son Robert born 1886. Also, sorry, but William Frederick is actually Frederick William. I got the names the wrong way round, very sorry

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 13 Jul 2007 14:21

this is the only one i can find in the Coventry area spelt (Roddick) with son Robert born 1886 Name: Frederick Roddick Age: 59 Estimated birth year: abt 1842 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Eliza A Gender: Male Where born: Cobham, Surrey, England Civil parish: Coventry Ecclesiastical parish: Holy Trinity County/Island: Warwickshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Coventry Sub-registration district: Holy Trinity ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 67 Household Members: Name Age Eliza A Roddick 59 Frederick Roddick 59 Frederick Roddick 19 James Roddick 29 John Roddick 7 Margaret J Roddick 30 Robert Roddick 15 Roy

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Jul 2007 14:24

Porky Pie - thank you very much indeed. Am most grateful

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jul 2007 14:28

My brain's still at lunch! Didn't look for mistrans!! Transposing the forenames isn't a problem........bmd searches always give both options in the results.............. Glad Porky was awake!! Reg

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 13 Jul 2007 14:36

Just thought i would say that Margaret J Roddick is down as born North Shields, married but there is nothing in the relationship to head column, James Roddick age 29 born Whitworth, Lancashire is down as son and John Roddick age 7 born Radford, Warwickshire is down as Grandson Eliza A Roddick born 1842 Bishop Auckland Roy

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Jul 2007 14:53

Thanks Porky Pie. This is most helpful though most confusing. Head born Cobham Surrey, wife born Bishop Auckland, County Durham, elder son born Lancashire marrying girl from North Shields, no places for Fredk 19 and Robert but grandson born Coventry. My goodness, did they do some flitting about !! Thanks again.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 13 Jul 2007 14:56

sorry missed Frederick Roddick age 19 born Birmingham, Warwickshire, Robert Roddick age 15 born Birmingham, Warwickshire, Roy