Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wakefield Records Office - see below

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat from Wesham

Pat from Wesham Report 13 Jul 2007 12:05

Is anyone planning a trip to the above office, I am looking for the baptism of my Grandmother Ellen McGinn, born 10th Feb 1874 on Northowram Halifax, other siblings born in Kirkham Lancashire both before and after Ellen. I would like to find her Baptism to see who the godparents are, I am trying to discover if the family had relatives over in Yorkshire. Thanks Pat

Sam

Sam Report 13 Jul 2007 12:09

Pat, baptisms in parish records don't record the godparents. Just parents, address and occupation of father. Sam x

Pat from Wesham

Pat from Wesham Report 13 Jul 2007 12:37

Hi Sam, I have lots of baptism's from the same time frame but different area, and a lot of them have the Sponsor's (Godparents) names at the bottom, they are RC not Cof E so maybe that is the difference, but any info would be good, I would just be happy to have the date of the baptism and the address. Thanks Pat