Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Question about area of registration.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue from Perth Oz

Sue from Perth Oz Report 13 Jul 2007 11:38

Hi all, I have an Ellen Larkin born 1849 and at the time the family were living in St Dunstan in the West,Tottenham Court Rd. What area would the birth have been registered at. Thanks for your time. Regards Sue

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jul 2007 12:13

It might not have been registered...........birth registration wasn't compulsory until 1875 Reg

Irene

Irene Report 13 Jul 2007 12:21

May be St.Pancras that was Tottenham Court Road area. Irene

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 13 Jul 2007 12:26

PANCRAS REGISTRATION DISTRICT Registration County : London. Created : 1.7.1837. Abolished : 1.1.1902 (succeeded by St. Pancras district). Sub-districts : Camden Town; Gray's Inn Lane; Kentish Town; Regent's Park; Somers Town; Tottenham Court GRO volumes : I (1837-51); 1b (1852-1901). Registers now in Camden district Roy

imp

imp Report 13 Jul 2007 12:32

I am just wondering if the actual Registration District was West London. There is this registration Helen M*ner Larkin 1848 Q4 DISTRICT: West London County: London Volume: 2 Page: 245 I cannot read the middle name but I do not think it is M* it looks like Elleneor...???? From Genuki registration Districts St. Dunstan in the West LND 1837-1869 West London 1870- London City Gail. x

Sue from Perth Oz

Sue from Perth Oz Report 13 Jul 2007 13:01

Thankyou all for you replies .Think i will get that birth cert but with check points. Regards Sue