Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Flynn's Marriage / Birth - Help please!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephen

Stephen Report 13 Jul 2007 00:47

I am trying to find any information relating to Thomas Flynn, born in Leeds, ref 9b 384. I would be really grateful if someone could do a records office lookup for me please, I am living in Ireland and cannot get to the office in person. I am trying to find an exact birthdate for him and also the names of his parents. If anyone can locate him in the marriage index also, he should be shown marrying prior to around 1935 to a woman known only as 'Cissie' Many thanks in advance. Steve

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 13 Jul 2007 01:02

What year (roughly) was he born? Gerri.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Jul 2007 03:00

1906 was the year: Births Mar 1906 Flynn Thomas Leeds 9b 384 Ordering this certificate online for 7 pounds would give you his birth date and parents. Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jul 2007 08:50

Stephen The full England/Wales bmd records are free on Ancestry. Just register with the site to gain access. Searching for the marriage can only be done by viewing the images, one quarter at a time. Did this man produce offspring? If he did, you may be better advised to look first for the birth(s) in order to establish the surname of his wife. Reg

Stephen

Stephen Report 13 Jul 2007 18:48

Thanks everyone for your replies. I would go through the certificate ordering route, but really need to find out who his parents were for next Monday the 16th, ordering the certificate for delivery to Ireland could take a couple of weeks. We don't have the fastest postal system out here!! If anyone could possibly have a look for me it would be a huge help! Thanks Steve

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 13 Jul 2007 19:45

Stephen, the only way to find out who the parents were is to buy the cert, you cannot see the details of any BMD certs by just going to the records office. Roy

Stephen

Stephen Report 14 Jul 2007 00:24

Aaaaaah bum! Thanks anyway.