Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

flashing and advertising!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 11 Jul 2007 13:39

are other people getting flashing adverts and things around this screen-I keep looking up and theres flashing adverts for jackpots and all other things I don't want-is it just my computer or has evryone else got it as well?-its horrible and making my eyes go funny!!!

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 11 Jul 2007 13:45

I hate them too! And I think they slow things down - I get little messages bottom left of screen saying things like 'waiting for sam.ads. ...' Drives me bonkers. Jill

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 11 Jul 2007 13:59

oh-... I was hoping it wasmy computer-then maybe I could have done somthing about it!! Its so annoying !

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Jul 2007 14:01

Try logging onto GenesReunited(.)com instead of (.)co.uk It sometimes gets rid of the adverts. Kath. x

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 11 Jul 2007 14:08

Thanks Kathleen - will try that! J