Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage Look up in Worcestershire - Please x

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gayle

Gayle Report 11 Jul 2007 07:32

Hi I wondered if anyone is visiting Birmingham Library (I think thats where this record will be) and could look up a marriage for me Joseph Tabberner married Elizabeth Fox Married on 05/11/1811 at St Clements, Worcestershire. I would be very grateful if anyone is visiting and could look this up for me Thank you in advance Gayle

K

K Report 11 Jul 2007 07:37

I think the record would be held by the Family Record Centre in Worcester

Pete

Pete Report 11 Jul 2007 09:01

The Federation of Family History Societies website (familyhistoryonline) have the relevant marriage indexed within their Worcester Marriages index. Married at Worcester, St Clement, WOR Date 5/11/1811 Licence – Groom Joseph TABERER Bride Elizabeth FOX Although this index provides no useful details regarding age, address etc it does state that the marriage was by licence. Hopefully details of the licence will be held in Worcester RO. Pete

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Jul 2007 09:07

It's also on the IGI JOSEPH TABERER Marriages: Spouse: ELIZABETH FOX Family Marriage: 05 NOV 1811 Saint Clement, Worcester, Worcester, England Source Information: Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type: M022701 1754 - 1875 0376937-939 You can order the parish registers at your nearest LDS centre: Film or fiche number 0376937 Parish registers, 1694-1964 Church of England. St. Clement's Church (Worcester, Worcestershire). Rose

Gayle

Gayle Report 30 Jul 2007 18:52

Many thanks to all who replied, I have been away on hols to sunny climates - away from the rain and just back. Would I be able to get a marriage certificate for this or is the marriage too far back? If there a cut off date for obtaining marriage Certificates? I am trying to find out the parents of both Elizabeth Fox & Joseph Tabberner, Thanks for the info on the IGI I will look into this Any help would be appreciated. Best Wishes Gayle