Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda G

Linda G Report 10 Jul 2007 17:38

A while ago i found my family and unfortunately didn't record the folio and page number now I am trying to find it again with no luck........can anyone locate them please.............Mary Tickner b. 1806...Eliza b.1824....George b. 1826...Lewes b. 1827....James 1828....Mary 1832....John 1833 and Thomas 1837..I can't believe I can't find them......Rye.....Sussex...Thanks...Linda

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Jul 2007 17:48

They arent showing on ancestry I,m afraid

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Jul 2007 17:52

Heres Lewis on 1861 census Lewis Tickner Age: 34 Estimated birth year: abt 1827 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Harriet Gender: Male Where born: Rye, Sussex, England Civil parish: Rye Town: Rye County/Island: Sussex Country: England Street address:47 High Street Rye Occupation:Bricklayer Condition as to marriage: View image Registration district: Rye Sub-registration district: Rye ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 50 Household Members: Name Age Henry Santer 19 Elizth Tickner 10 Ellen Tickner 2 Harriet Tickner 33 Jane Tickner 4 Lewis Tickner 34 and on the 1871 Name: Lewis Tickner Age: 44 Estimated birth year: abt 1827 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Harriett Gender: Male Where born: Rye, Sussex, England Civil parish: Rye Town: Rye County/Island: Sussex Country: England Street address:47 High Street ( same as 1861) Occupation: bricklayer Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Rye Sub-registration district: Rye ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 40 Household Members: Name Age Ellen A Tickner 12 Harriett Tickner 43 Lewis Tickner 44 Cant find him before the 1861 or the others

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jul 2007 17:59

1841 RG number:HO107 Piece:1109 Folio:4\46 Page:7 Watch Bell Street Hucksteps Row, Rye Mary 35, Eliza 17, George 15,Lewis 13, James 12, May 9, John 8, Thomas 4 Is this possibly the family Maureen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jul 2007 18:02

Linda, Found the entry on Findmypast but I am blowed if I can get it on Ancestry. Maureen

Linda G

Linda G Report 10 Jul 2007 18:04

Hi Maureen, Yes...that's them...thanks so much.. ....how did you do that? lol Linda

Julie

Julie Report 10 Jul 2007 18:05

Where Glitterbaby has put Folio 4/46 do Book 4 Folio 46 Surname Knee

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jul 2007 18:10

Julie, I did realise that but I posted the info straight from Findmypast which is how it was shown. But you are certainly right to point it out in case anyone is trying to use the details to get the image on Ancestry. Maureen

Linda G

Linda G Report 10 Jul 2007 18:49

Thanks everyone. Linda

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jul 2007 18:53

Julie, I am kicking myself !!!! Well done for spotting the name is shown as KNEE on the 1841 census. Maureen