Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Having difficulty finding my ancestors!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colette

Colette Report 9 Jul 2007 11:14

Hi Im hoping someone can help me? I have just received my greatgrandparents marriage cert from 1933. They are Albert Yarwood age 37 and Nora Jones age 23. I have found the birth record of Nora but I cant of Albert. Alberts father was called William Arthur Yarwood and was hopnig to find some info on census records but I cant find that either! I know he was born around the knutsford/ Dunham area but I cant seem to find anything! Cheers in advance Colette

Georgina

Georgina Report 9 Jul 2007 11:25

Could Albert be known as Bertie? 1901 census... Name: William Yarwood Age: 26 Estimated birth year: abt 1875 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Emily Gender: Male Where born: Dunham Massey, Cheshire, England Civil parish: Dunham Massey Ecclesiastical parish: Dunham Massey St Mark Town: Woodhouse County/Island: Cheshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Bucklow Sub-registration district: Altrincham ED, institution, or vessel: 26 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 89 Household Members: Name Age Bertie Yarwood 4 Doris Yarwood 3 months Edith Yarwood 2 Emily Yarwood 26 William Yarwood 26 Marriages Mar 1896 Jones Harry Altrincham 8a 269 Rowlinson Emily Altrincham 8a 269 Swain Ada Altrincham 8a 269 Yarwood William Arthur Altrincham 8a 269 Georgina.

Colette

Colette Report 9 Jul 2007 11:28

ooh i never even thought of that, i will have a look, cheers!

Georgina

Georgina Report 9 Jul 2007 11:36

Colette what was his fathers occupation on the marriage certificate, the William Yarwood on the 1901 census I posted was a Blacksmith? Georgina.

Colette

Colette Report 9 Jul 2007 11:51

It just says 'smith' so Im guessing so?