Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help to find a marriage date please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trish

Trish Report 9 Jul 2007 07:52

Hello I have been searching the records for a marriage and I have not been able to find it. If anyone can spare the time I would be grateful for some help in searching, perhaps I missed it. I am looking for the marriage of ELLEN BARRETT and LESLIE MOUTRIE. In 1901 Ellen was living in Greenwich and Leslie in Lewisham. Ellen was born in 1888 and Leslie in c1893. Thank you. Trish

Waveyone1

Waveyone1 Report 9 Jul 2007 11:50

can you be certain that they married ?. I found a marriage for Ellen Barrett in Greenwich in 1906 J F March page1105 vol 1d ..............

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 9 Jul 2007 11:58

do you have any childrens names? ive searched marriages 1911-1920. only one 1/4 missing and thats a/m/j 1912.

Julie

Julie Report 9 Jul 2007 12:01

Hi Trish Just done the whole of the 1920's and theres nothing. Q3 1925 is missing on Ancestry, so someone with find my past might find it Julie

Trish

Trish Report 9 Jul 2007 12:19

I am working on information given by a niece of Ellen Barretts. She gave us the name of Lelsie Moutrie as being the husband of Ellen, although she wasn't sure of the spelling of the surname. I found a Leslie Moutrie on the census returns in Lewisham and presumed it was the correct one. I was also told the family went to live in Manilla for a while, but am not sure what year, and that they returned to England in the early 1930's. There were two children, Pamela or Patricia and Joan or Jean, she can't be sure of the names. With other research I have done the Moutrie family were Pianoforte makers and music sellers. Leslie was an engineer at the time of the marriage. I am beginning to wonder if they married overseas now. Thank you to those trying to help me, it is much appreciated. Trish

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 9 Jul 2007 12:28

do you know if the children were b here .

Trish

Trish Report 9 Jul 2007 12:57

No I don't know where the children were born, or even if the names are correct! Trish

Julie

Julie Report 9 Jul 2007 13:30

Just look in the 1930's and still nothing

Trish

Trish Report 10 Jul 2007 00:36

Many thanks to those who have helped with the search. At least now I know I didn't miss the entry for the marriage when I looked. Thank you. Trish

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Jul 2007 01:49

Someone called Phil has Leslie in his tree, also and Joan and Jean. Have you contacted him? Rose

Trish

Trish Report 10 Jul 2007 08:38

Thank you for your message. Phil is a cousin researching the same family. Trish