Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 Look-up Anglesey please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 8 Jul 2007 13:53

Please can someone look to see if they can a find a John JONES, a weaver, in Anglesey in 1851. John had a daughter named Margaret who was born in Llangefni in 1827 so I would expect John to be aged at least 43. Thanks, Julia

Julie

Julie Report 8 Jul 2007 14:11

Julia Do you know his wifes name as there are loads of John Jones

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 8 Jul 2007 14:14

there are 124 in anglesy 1851 born bet 1800-1810

Richard

Richard Report 8 Jul 2007 14:15

Hi is this him 1851 Wales Census about John Jones Name: John Jones Age: 49 Estimated birth year: abt 1802 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Catherine Gender: Male Where born: Llaneilian, Anglesey, Wales Civil Parish or Township: Llaneilian County/Island: Anglesey Country: Wales Street address: View image Condition as to marriage: View image Occupation: View image Disability: View image Registration district: Anglesey Sub-registration district: Llandyfrydog ED, institution, or vessel: 1a Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 90 Household Members: Name Age Catherine Jones 50 John Jones 49 Margaret Jones 24 Rowland Jones 26 Thomas Jones 19

Linda

Linda Report 8 Jul 2007 14:17

Julia, I cannot find them on the 1851 census, but there is a Margaret Jones on the 1841 census 1841 Census Mary Jones age 60 Mary Jones age 15 Margaret Jones age 14. born 1827. Llangefni but there is no mention of John Jones, If this is the same family perhaps he had died by now, unless of course you know differently. Linda

Julia

Julia Report 8 Jul 2007 14:23

No I'm sorry but I don't know John's wife's name. It could be Elinor as in the 1841 census I think that I have found the family in Cerrigceinwen. As there is a John Jones, a weaver, aged 55 with a wife Elinor and a daughter Margaret aged 15.

Diane

Diane Report 8 Jul 2007 14:23

The John Jones on the census mentioned by Richard was a miner

Julie

Julie Report 8 Jul 2007 14:29

Julia Do you have margaerts B/C. Or are you thinking that the 1841 fits cos theres a Margaret with Dad John whose a Weaver, cos i can't see them in the 1851 Julie PS if you think John would be 43 in 1851, then he can't be 55 in 1841 Or is it me getting confused lol

Julia

Julia Report 8 Jul 2007 14:30

Julie, I don't have Margaret's baptism details. The birthplace Llangefni is from another census and her father being a weaver is from her marriage certificate, she married in 1854 in Liverpool. Yes, the 1841 is an assumption that John's a weaver and his daughter is a Margaret of the right age. As for his age - if I have the correct family in 1841 then in 1851 he'd be about 65 - but if I have the wrong family I have to take a guess from Margaret's age. Julia

Julie

Julie Report 8 Jul 2007 14:36

Julia Did Margaret in the census always say she was born in Llangefni

Julie

Julie Report 8 Jul 2007 14:45

This is the nearest i have found for a Margaret with dad John MARGARET JONES Pedigree Female -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: 16 MAY 1832 Rhosymeiren And Paradwys Independent, Llangefni And Llangristiolus, Anglesey, Wales Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: JOHN JONES Family Mother: CATHRINE

Julia

Julia Report 8 Jul 2007 14:46

Thank you all for your help. Julia PS. Margaret only said she was born in Llangefni in 1861, in 1871, 1881 and 1891 she's said simply 'Angelsey'.