Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Beard family from 1886 to 2002

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 8 Jul 2007 11:38

I'm trying to find out about my grandparents all i know about them is that they came from i think wimbledon london and that my great grandad was called grandad beard but there was a 5 girls and 2 boys there names was hilda, sally, alice, peggy, maulda, and the boys names was frederick and charles beard and my nan who was called hilda may beard was born in 1906 and married my grandad frederick william searle back in 1936 some time. I have been trying to get up records of all this dater but is having no luck so could some one please help me with these dates many thanks. Elaine.

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 8 Jul 2007 11:46

any idea on childrens birth yrs? there are 39 fredick beards in london in 1901.yo may have to work back using marriage certs to get a name to use as a search, 63 frederick births bet 1886-1913

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Jul 2007 12:28

The first thing you need to do is to find the marriage of Hilda and Frederick. Buy the cert (£7.00).....it will tell you how old they were, and the names and occupations of their fathers. Knowing their ages, you will be able to look for the birth certs, which will tell you the names of their mothers. You should then be able to search for, and find, the parents on 1901 census. I can't see a birth registration for Hilda May Beard in 1906 on the transcribed records.............might you be misinformed about her birth year? Reg

Penny

Penny Report 8 Jul 2007 12:46

?? 1910 BEARD Hilda May Kingston 2a 405

ValT

ValT Report 8 Jul 2007 12:55

Hi Elaine, Here is the marriage of Hilda M Beard and Frederick W Searle . Quarter Dec Year 1935 District Surrey N E Volume 2a Page 137 If you go to Findmypast.com you can order certificates online. The above infomation is what you need to complete the form. This certificate will give you the names of their fathers and you may find them in the 1901 census. I think this is Hilda's birth and maybe Peggy's. KINGSTON SURREY Births Sep 1907 BEARD Margaret Annie Kingston 2a 492 Births Mar 1910 BEARD Hilda May Kingston 2a 405 Don't give up send me a message if you need any other help. Regards Val

June

June Report 8 Jul 2007 13:03

Births Sep 1907 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BEARD Margaret Annie Kingston 2a 492 could be peggy Births Jun 1912 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Beard Henry G mmnSavage Kingston 2a 808 Births Sep 1913 (91%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Beard Frederick G mmnSavage Kingston 1c 81329 Births Sep 1914 (96%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Beard Charles W mmn Savage Kingston 2a 869 Births Mar 1917 (98%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Beard Alice M Savage Kingston 2a 652 June x

ValT

ValT Report 8 Jul 2007 13:05

Marriages Sep 1909 BEARD Henry Kingston 2a 960 SAVAGE Mabel Kingston 2a 960 Looks like parents marriage if Hilda's mother's maiden name was Savage. Hilda's birth certifcate will tell you her parents names. The time and place is right along with the sibling's names, but Margaret is a bit out. Val

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 8 Jul 2007 13:15

mabel 1891? Mabel Savage Age: 3/12 Estimated birth year: abt 1891 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Frederick Mother's name: Mary J Gender: Female Where born: New Malden, Surrey, England Civil parish: Kingston Ecclesiastical parish: Christchurch Town: New Malden County/Island: Surrey Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Kingston Sub-registration district: Kingston ED, institution, or vessel: 7 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age John N Roper 17 Frederick Savage 32 Harold E Savage 2 Mabel Savage 3/12 Mary J Savage 31 Thomas F Savage 4 Beatrice Spray 12

ValT

ValT Report 8 Jul 2007 13:58

Births Mar 1891 Savage Mabel Elizabeth Kingston 2a 344 Val