Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Prison Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 6 Jul 2007 00:09

John Gossage c1888 Hello ... still trying to find John Gossage, born c1888, apparently died in prison & no-one knows why ! Any help on how I track down historical prison records? He was son to Henry Gossage c1852 and Selina Jones c1860. Also I just cannot trace his death certificcate - any ideass anyine? Am very new to this. Any help would be hugelly appreciated. Cheers. Emma

Lancsliz

Lancsliz Report 6 Jul 2007 00:53

Hi Emma I'm not an expert but just googled archives+prison records. Maybe have a look at National Archives: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/localhistory/gallery4/prisons.htm. There are more entries for different geographical areas - which area did your ancestor live in? Sorry if you have already done all this. Maybe nudge this tomorrow for the day shift to look at? Liz

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 6 Jul 2007 00:55

Surely his death certificate gives a cause of death? OC

Lancsliz

Lancsliz Report 6 Jul 2007 11:37

Just nudging up for the day shift. Liz