Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MARRIAGE LOOK UP PLEASE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 5 Jul 2007 23:03

Hi, can anyone find the second marriage of my ggrandmother. I have ger marriaed to her first husband simon Liddle, he dies in 1871 although he is on that years census. In 1881 Place Byker, Northumberland, England she is living with Thomas Lister with her children from her first marriage plus a one year old to Thomas. I have tried ancestry and BMD but came up with nothing could a new pair of eyes take a look for me please. Thanks Kathy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Jul 2007 23:05

1881 census Name: Thomas Scott Lister Age: 45 Estimated birth year: abt 1836 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Isabella Gender: Male Where born: Hedworth, Durham, England Civil parish: Byker County/Island: Northumberland Country: England Street address: 60 Langhorn St Condition as to marriage: Married Education: Employment status: View image Occupation: Railway Inspecter (...) Registration district: Newcastle Upon Tyne Sub-registration district: Byker ED, institution, or vessel: 12 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Annie E. Liddle 16 Charles Ridley Liddle 22 Jane E. Liddle 13 Mary A. Liddle 15 Isabella Lister 44 Thomas Scott Lister 45 Thos. Wm Lister 1 Reg

Julie

Julie Report 5 Jul 2007 23:06

Kathleen Whats her name please lol Julie

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Jul 2007 23:18

In 1891 she's listed as Elizabeth? Rose

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 5 Jul 2007 23:18

Hi Sorry about that her name was Isabella or Annie Liddle before she married Thomas Lister You have the right census, this is where I found she had remarried, although by 1901 she was once again a widow Thanks Kathy

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Jul 2007 23:18

1891 England Census about Elizabeth Lister Name: Elizabeth Lister Age: 53 Estimated birth year: abt 1838 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Thomas S Gender: Female Where born: Penrith, Cumberland, England Civil parish: Byker Ecclesiastical parish: Christ Church Town: Newcastle Upon Tyne County/Island: Northumberland Country: England Registration district: Newcastle Upon Tyne Sub-registration district: Byker ED, institution, or vessel: 7 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth Lister 53 Thomas S Lister 56 Thomas W Lister 11 Rose

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 5 Jul 2007 23:25

You have probably already found this Deaths Jun 1898 Lister Thomas Stott 65 Newcastle T. 10b 90

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 5 Jul 2007 23:32

Thanks every one, I have most of the info you found but I still would like find a marriage record, maybe they were never married, if anyon find it please let me know Cheers Kathy

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Jul 2007 23:35

Looks like he married Margaret Temperley: Marriages Dec 1863 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Herring Isabella Sunderland 10a 651 Lister Thomas Stott Sunderland 10a 651 Newton John Sunderland 10a 651 Temperley Margaret Sunderland 10a 651 Rose

ValT

ValT Report 5 Jul 2007 23:44

Hi Marriages Dec 1863 Herring Isabella Sunderland 10a 651 Lister Thomas Stott Sunderland 10a 651 Newton John Sunderland 10a 651 Temperley Margaret Sunderland 10a 651 Val

ValT

ValT Report 5 Jul 2007 23:46

Births Dec 1879 Lister Thomas Scott Bradford, Y. 9b 2_0

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 6 Jul 2007 00:06

Hi, looks like myou may have found his first marriage, but he if it is the same man was living with Elizabeth in 1881 she was down as his wife and she has a son age one to him. What a puzzle? Thanks again, Kathy