Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

robert bertram wood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

bill tywyn

bill tywyn Report 5 Jul 2007 12:02

born ecclesall/ bierlow 1881 married anice frost 1906, ecclesall/bielow. daughter born 1 / 4 / 1913 sheffield died ?despite much searching i am unable to find his death, or the marriage of his widow anice. at the wedding of his daughter in 1936 in birmingham anice signed anice gorton having married alfred gorton. but i can find no trace of a marriage, they lived in botha road bordsley green at the time of ivy's wedding to william george ingram. ( my mother and father) any infomation would be greatly appreciated. thank you. william ingram

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Jul 2007 12:04

Exactly which images have you viewed in your search for the death? Ditto the marriage? Reg

bill tywyn

bill tywyn Report 5 Jul 2007 12:04

have searched bmd and several other sources like igi but can find nothing, i was told he died shortly after my mothers birth but not when or where, the only other info i have is that he was a plumber.

bill tywyn

bill tywyn Report 5 Jul 2007 12:10

last known date of living was 1913 when he registerd my mothers birth. and was living in106 broadfield road sheffield,.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Jul 2007 12:10

You haven't said which images you have viewed..........I may be wrong, but I suspect you have only looked at freebmd, which is unlikely to have the info you seek. The transcribed records are not recent enough........ You need to register with Ancestry, and search the FULL records, which entails trawling through all the images, quarter by quarter...........hence my question about which images you had viewed......... Reg

Penny

Penny Report 5 Jul 2007 12:10

when do you know that he was ceratinly still alive?

bill tywyn

bill tywyn Report 5 Jul 2007 12:14

my daughter is with ancestry and she has gone through there records and has found only 1 who died in derby in 1931, which was 18 years after my mothers birth, not shortly after as i was told.

Penny

Penny Report 5 Jul 2007 12:20

Maybe he did a flit, and the explanation to your mother was that he'd died, when she was big enough to ask. There is no telling that 'whoever' used his middle name to reg his death , there must be no end of Robert Wood deaths

bill tywyn

bill tywyn Report 5 Jul 2007 12:20

to tell the truth i am beguining to beleave that my nan walked out and moved to birmingham, and made up the storyof his death. she her self was born in 1885 and her father died 12 months later, and she was brought up by her aunt.

Penny

Penny Report 5 Jul 2007 13:31

all a bit of a co-incednce, isnt it? Maybe she was never married?