Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help With a Benjamin Problem Please..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hapiun

Hapiun Report 3 Jul 2007 19:55

Please could someone take a look at this problem i'm slowly pulling my hair out My Grandad Benjamin Jones b 1899 Wath upon Dearne (Got Birth cert) his father Benjamin Jones married Annie Allchurch in 1891 and Benjamin the Senior's father was Solomon Jones b 1849 (Got Birth cert) that is correct. Now 1891 census of Solomon Jones & Family inc Benjamin the senior all ok 1901 census Jones is misspelt to Imes but all info on Solomon and Family correct then i have 1901 census of Benjamin Jones the senior b 1869 with his wife Annie and my Grandad Benjamin Jones b 1899 with his brother & Sisters!!!!! Help Which do you think is the correct birth date for Benjamin Jones the senior one as both dates fit the family Thanks Pamx

Susan

Susan Report 3 Jul 2007 19:59

do all the addresses match or is one of them the wrong district. Sue

Hapiun

Hapiun Report 3 Jul 2007 20:02

The address do match Benjamin Jones the senior one was born in Shropshire as Solomon was and Benjamin Jones my grandad was born in Wath upon Dearne. What a problem i'm having. Pamx

Hapiun

Hapiun Report 3 Jul 2007 20:05

I also know the Solomon and son Benjamin senior is good because on one of the census it as his step children and the names match with the Jones children.

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 3 Jul 2007 21:44

This is Benjamin and Annie in 1891 Name: Benjiman Jones Age: 22 Estimated birth year: abt 1869 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Annie Gender: Male Where born: Shifnal, Shropshire, England Civil parish: Brampton Bierlow Ecclesiastical parish: Brampton Bierlow Christchurch Town: West Melton County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Registration district: Rotherham Sub-registration district: Wath ED, institution, or vessel: 9 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Annie Jones 28 (image says 18) b Dudley, Worcestershire Benjiman Jones 22 Miner b Shifnal, Shropshire Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 3855; Folio 31; Page 30; GSU roll: 6098965.

Hapiun

Hapiun Report 4 Jul 2007 13:13

Thanks for the 1891 Census for Benjamin and Annie I have that one the problem is that his father Benjamin Jones the senior is on another census for 1891 aged 7? This is the Senior Benjamin Jones family 1891 England Census about Solomon Jones Name: Solomon Jones Age: 40 Estimated birth year: abt 1851 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Elizth Gender: Male Where born: Dawley, Shropshire, England Civil parish: Skegby Ecclesiastical parish: Skegby Town: Skegby County/Island: Nottinghamshire Country: England Registration district: Mansfield Sub-registration district: Sutton in Ashfield ED, institution, or vessel: 12 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Benjamin Jones 7 Elizth Jones 38 Ellen Jones 20 Sarah Anne Jones 5 Solomon Jones 40 Thomas Jones 1 William Jones 10 Thanks Pamx

Irene

Irene Report 4 Jul 2007 14:46

Are one of the children born near a census date where you can check if the census address is the same one that is on the child's birth certificate. That may help. Good luck Irene

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 4 Jul 2007 16:39

Are you certain that Benjamin's father was Solomon? I cannot find a Benjamin of around the correct age with father Solomon. Have you got Benjamin and Annie's marriage cert? If all you had given was the details of Benjamin in 1901 I would have guessed that his father would turn out to be Phillip - not Solomon.

Hapiun

Hapiun Report 5 Jul 2007 15:42

So Sorry Again about not reply straight away Blinking internet keep going down due to weather... I have Solomon's Birth cert b 1849 and Benjamin Jones b 1899(my Grandad) on Benjamin Jones b 1899 states father Benjamin Jones and Mother Annie Jones formerly Allchurch. Need to get a date of birth of Benjamin Jones b 1884 or b 1869 to order the cert. All the info for both Benjamins fit my family. Maybe I should order both certs but can only find a Benjamin Jones b1870 3Q Sorry again about the delay but will answer when possible. Thanks So much. Pamx

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 5 Jul 2007 16:06

If Benjamin Jones married Annie Allchurch in 1891 then I doubt he was born in 1884. Having got your granndad's birth cert the next one to get would be the marriage of his parents. This is the index ref Name: Annie Allchurch Year of Registration: 1891 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar DISTRICT: Rotherham County: Derbyshire, Yorkshire - West Riding Volume: 9c Page: 808 husband was Ben Jones or Allan Carr

Hapiun

Hapiun Report 5 Jul 2007 16:08

Thanks Andrea will do hopefully it will sort me a problem out. thanks for all your time. Pamx