Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John William Calvert Loftus? (updated)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Neil

Neil Report 3 Jul 2007 14:05

I am searching for my John William Calvert on the Census and BMD lists. I now have a copy of John William Calverts wedding Cert. It reads the following The Parish Church in the Parish of Loftus 3/05/1902 - John William Calvert - 28 - Miner - Loftus - Father John Calvert (Deceased) - Rolleyman. Married Louisa Calvert - 24 - Loftus - Father Ralph Calvert - Groom. I have details on Louisa's family going back to 1600, but am still stuck with the John's, I have no other details of them other than John jnr was a Iron Stone Miner, He died 1942 at Hinderwell and burried in a unmarked grave. in 1916 when my Granddad was born John Wiliam lived at 13 Street Houses Loftus and in 1940 lived at 35 The Green - Dormanstown. If anyone can help me trace Johns fathers family i would be over the moon. Regards Neil

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 3 Jul 2007 14:22

hi, just looked up where loftus is ,this is what genuki says, LOFTUS, (earlier was Lofthouse - beware the Lofthouse in WRY though!) a parish in the wapentake and liberty of Langbargh; 9 miles ENE. of Guisborough; bounded on the north by the German ocean. It is a pleasant village, forming one continued street, or line of buildings, principally of stone; the neighbourhood abounding with stone and alum rock. The village is chiefly dependent upon the alum works here. so how about this one, in 1901 John W Calvert Age: 18 Estimated birth year: abt 1883 Relation: Boarder Gender: Male Where born: Guisborough, Yorkshire, England Civil parish: Weetslade Ecclesiastical parish: Killingworth St John Town: Annitsford County/Island: Northumberland Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Tynemouth Sub-registration district: Longbenton ED, institution, or vessel: 19 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 168 Household Members: Name Age John W Calvert 18 Thomas S Calvert 12 Alice Johnson 4 Mo Isabella Johnson 21 John Johnson 26 John Johnson he is a coal miner,

Julie

Julie Report 3 Jul 2007 14:29

Just putting this on re: Rolleyman, He was a man who looked after the way that the tubs ran on in the coal mine.

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 3 Jul 2007 14:36

there is this death maybe for the father., John Calvert abt 1845 1894 Oct-Nov-Dec Richmond Yk Yorkshire - North Riding

Julie

Julie Report 3 Jul 2007 14:38

Hi Neil This is the 1881 and the only one where Dad John is showing as a coalminer, he might of then became a Rolleyman, and Son John is about the right age John Calvert Age: 8 Estimated birth year: abt 1873 Relation: Son Father's name: John Mother's name: Ellen Gender: Male Where born: Topingham, Durham, England Civil parish: Willington County/Island: Durham Country: England Street address: 20 Wear Street Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Durham Sub-registration district: St Oswald ED, institution, or vessel: 48 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Ellen Calvert 34 Hannah Calvert 13 Jane Calvert 6 John Calvert 32 John Calvert 8 Robert Calvert 3 Same family as above and both Johns are coalminers John Calvert Age: 18 Estimated birth year: abt 1873 Relation: Son Father's name: John Mother's name: Ellen Gender: Male Where born: Crook, Durham, England Civil parish: Hedworth Monkton and Jarrow Ecclesiastical parish: St Cuthberts Town: Hebburn County/Island: Durham Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: South Shields Sub-registration district: South Shields ED, institution, or vessel: 38 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth J Calvert 7 Ellen Calvert 45 John Calvert 44 John Calvert 18 Robert Calvert 14 Thomas Calvert 10 OK forget the above just found him in the 1901 married to a Margaret

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 3 Jul 2007 14:46

one as a nephew 1891 John Wm Calvert Age: 7 Estimated birth year: abt 1884 Relation: Nephew Gender: Male Where born: Tadcaster, Yorkshire, England Civil parish: West Tadcaster Ecclesiastical parish: Tadcaster Town: Tadcaster County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Tadcaster Sub-registration district: Tadcaster ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Alice Calvert 27 Catherine Calvert 21 Elizabeth Calvert 55 John Wm Calvert 7 Thomas Calvert 17 William Calvert 57 game keeper.

Neil

Neil Report 3 Jul 2007 15:58

Thanks for your help. I will check some of those out and also any more posts that may be entered.