Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shropshire Records Office Anyone???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 3 Jul 2007 13:53

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone would be going to Shropshire Records Office anytime soon and if they'd doing a look up for me? Sorry, if this sounds a bit cheaky! I would like a copy of the original baptism record and ANY other info available on the following person please: EDWARD CLAYTON, born/christened 21 Jan 1829 at All Saints, Wellington, Shorpshire. (Possibly born in the Poorhouse?) His mother's name was ANN CLAYTON. Edward can be found on the 1841 census living with the Aston family in Wolverhampton. He is down as being an apprentice. No mention of his mother anywhere. I know all about his later life. Thank you! Cheers Rebecca xx

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 4 Jul 2007 08:52

xx

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 4 Jul 2007 14:51

xx

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 4 Jul 2007 16:13

Hi Rebecca, Sorry, I can't help with your lookup. However, recently I found the date and church details from the IGI for a Shropshire marriage that was of interest to me. Like you I couldn't find anyone to do a lookup personally so I used the link on Shropshire Archives website to order a paper copy of the document. The Archives sent me a quote for £3.50. Once I had confirmed the order I was sent an official copy of the document by post with a bill for payment. I hope this helps if you can't find anyone going to the Record Office. Kathy

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 4 Jul 2007 18:56

Ahhh, really? Thanks I'll look into that. Cheers xx

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 5 Jul 2007 08:12

xx