Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please looking for child

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard

Richard Report 3 Jul 2007 12:08

Hi There, Please, can anyone help me? My great grandparents was Horace and Elsie Jones. They had the following children, Henry Arthur Jones 1924,Terence Norman Jones b 1927 and Betty Daphne Jones b 1928 all born at Ladbury,s lane, Wednesbury, Staffordshire. They also had another child that died not long after birth. I dont know its name or gender. How can I find the birth? Regards Richard

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 3 Jul 2007 12:12

Well you can search the birth indexes for another birth of a child with the same mothers maiden name as the other children - I dont envy you though with it being a Jones! Indexes are free to search at www.ancestry(.)co(.)uk (just remove the brackets. Good luck!

Georgina

Georgina Report 3 Jul 2007 12:27

Richard the nearest birth reference I can see for Terence N Jones is in the december quarter 1926 in West Bromwich ref no:6b-1386. Richard I dont envy you because his mothers maiden name was Smith. Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 3 Jul 2007 12:28

If you get the marriage certificate it will give you their fathers names & occupations... Marriages Mar 1924 (91%) Jones Horace (Smith) W.Bromwich 6b 1047 Smith Elsie M (Jones) W.Bromwich 6b 1047 Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 3 Jul 2007 12:29

Just to confirm I have the right family... Betty D Jones birth registered in the january quarter 1928 in W. Bromwich MMN Smith ref no:6b-1409. Now all you need to find is the parents marriage. Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 3 Jul 2007 12:37

There is a birth for an Arthur D Jones birth registered in June quarter 1925 in W. Bromwich MMN Smith ref no:6b-1337. Georgina.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Jul 2007 14:33

this might be the death for Arthur B Jones June qtr 1926 Arthur Jones age O West Bromwich 6b 775. Shirley

Richard

Richard Report 5 Jul 2007 11:21

Hi Everyone, Thanks for your help, sorry for the delay. Regards Richard