Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Suffolk - Eye - Inquest help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 3 Jul 2007 10:46

See below in a sec

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 3 Jul 2007 10:46

I received the death cert today for a Zachariah Hawes who died on 3rd Jan 1850 in the district of Hartismere - Sub District of Eye. He lived around the Palgrave area. He died aged 45 from accidentally being run over by a waggon wheel. (not the chocolate biscuit...) The informant was the coroner for Suffolk - Charles Gross. I would really appreciate if anyone can possibly look up in the local papers for that time to see if it was reported there? Thank you!!

Julie

Julie Report 3 Jul 2007 10:48

If you look up the Foxearth family history sight, they have transcibed a lot of newspapers for Suffolk from the 1700 to early 1900s. You can do a Search on their sight, its very good. Julie

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 3 Jul 2007 10:55

Oh thanks - I will take a look!

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 3 Jul 2007 10:58

Sadly nothing on there for my man - so I am still looking for information on this!