Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Horsley Gloucestershire Parish Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amy

Amy Report 2 Jul 2007 21:26

I've searched long and hard online for the baptisms and burials for Horsley pre 1837 and can only find them in Glos records office on fiche. I've bought the marriage records which were of limited use. But am now desperate to get my hands on baptisms and burials. Why oh why is there only fiche!?!? Bring on the spreadsheet/pdf docs!!!!!

Michael

Michael Report 6 Jul 2007 11:08

Gloucester FHS has a baptismal Registerout on CD from 1813 to 1837 that can be purchased from them. Google Gloucester FHS should get you there. Horsley on it.

Pete

Pete Report 6 Jul 2007 11:54

Aren't Horsley baptisms in the IGI? Batch Number: C018102

Sue

Sue Report 6 Jul 2007 17:57

Gloucester FHS also do 'lookups' for a small charge. They checked a baptism for me and sent me list of 'possibles' for just the standard rate. Only a few pounds I seem to remember. Sue just checked my records and it only cost £2 - excellent value!