Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

chertsey surrey---james farley born about 1798

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 1 Jul 2007 23:39

hello from australia i am trying to find info on james farley he was born about 1798 in chersey surrey on his death cert in 1870 he was listed as being 72 years old and a past librarian at guys hosp he married elizabeth knollys pulley on 18th sept 1825 in bedford i have all the info from his marriage on but nothing on his past or his family can any one help or look up info in surrey record centre thanks denise

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 1 Jul 2007 23:59

Denise, the BVRI discs have a christening of James Andrews Farley, 4 Mar. 1798, Chertsey, Surrey. Mother Leah Farley. Sorry to say, no father mentioned but I've found in cases like this that the child's middle name suggests the father's name. Margaret