Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 1 Jul 2007 12:16

Please could someone look up WILLIAM KEATES born c1778 to c1787 living in the Somerset area (Weston) or possibly the Hampshire area. I know this is a lot to ask but I've hit a brick wall and haven't got access to the 1841 Census. William worked as a Labourer around this time. Many thanks David.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Jul 2007 12:18

Have you located him in 1851? Reg

David

David Report 1 Jul 2007 12:23

Hi Reg, no I haven't. I only found out about William the other day and the only Census I have access to is the 1881 census. Regards David.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Jul 2007 12:33

Any idea of where he was born? Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Jul 2007 12:35

The only one on 1841 of approx age was born.....and resided......in Wiltshire. Reg

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 1 Jul 2007 12:36

any good? William Keates Age: 55 Estimated birth year: abt 1786 Gender: Male Where born: Wiltshire, England Civil parish: North Bradley Hundred: Whorwelsdown County/Island: Wiltshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: View image Registration district: Westbury Sub-registration district: Bradley Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Ann Keates 55 William Keates 55 or any of these? William Keats abt 1786 Bideford Devon View Record William Keats abt 1781 Lewisham Kent View Record William Keats abt 1781 Wiltshire, England North Bradley Wiltshire

David

David Report 1 Jul 2007 12:37

No sorry, all I know is that he had a son called James born in Weston, Somerset in c1806. On james' marriage cert William is listed as a labourer and it doesn't say that he is deceased. I surpose it it also possible that William could be living in Devon but that's a guess. Regards David.

David

David Report 1 Jul 2007 12:40

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for helping. The William Keats from Bideford, Devon may be who I'm looking for but I can't be sure. Regards David

Waveyone1

Waveyone1 Report 1 Jul 2007 12:43

is this him?? 1841 England Census about William Keates Name: William Keates Age: 45 Estimated birth year: abt 1796 Gender: Male Where born: Somerset, England Civil parish: Wellington Hundred: West Kingsbury County/Island: Somerset Country: England Street address: Occupation: View image Registration district: Wellington Sub-registration district: Wellington Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age James Keates 22 Jessey Keates 14 Marian Keates 8 Mary Keates 40 Susan Keates 6 William Keates 45 William Keates 17

David

David Report 1 Jul 2007 12:55

Hi Wavyone, This is closer to my William but his son James was born in c1806 so the ages don't match. Thank you for your help. Regards David