Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 1 Jul 2007 11:58

Susan Is this his death Deaths Dec 1915 (99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Croft Caleb 76 Reading 2c 460

Susan

Susan Report 1 Jul 2007 11:58

i have marriage cert of james furness to matilda mary jane croft married 13 dec 1905,it shows both pairs of fathers as deceased, viewed a members tree it shows caleb croft born 23 may 1840,died dec 1915 now im puzzled is this my grand- parents? any help from cencus would be greatfully accepted.kind regards susan furness.

Anne

Anne Report 1 Jul 2007 12:01

You need to follow the family through yourself. The member who's tree you viewed may have made a mistake. Use other people's work as a guide if you like but don't assume they always have it right. Anne

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Jul 2007 12:02

First couple of questions....... one; where? two........how old was each of the couple who married? Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Jul 2007 12:04

I take it this is the marriage to which you refer Name: Matilda Mary Croft Year of Registration: 1905 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec DISTRICT: Kingston County: Middlesex, Surrey Volume: 2a Page: 888 James Furness What names do the couple give for their fathers? Bear in mind that 'deceased' fathers were sometimes dreamed up to cover illegitimacy......... Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Jul 2007 12:08

Does the birth cert of your parent indicate that his/her parents were the two people whose marriage you are researching? Reg