Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I find siblings on IGI?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amy

Amy Report 1 Jul 2007 11:11

I've only just started to use IGI properly as I've got most of my lines back before 1837. Is there a clever way if finding siblings on it? I can find one child and then their parents but I havent been able to find the siblings as I dont know their names. e.g. I have William Woodbury b 1806 Brompton Regis Somerset whose Dad was John Woodbury and Mum Sarah. Not sure how to work the rest out?!? Would be grateful for any help Amy

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Jul 2007 11:13

Just nudged a thread up on the Tips board which is a guide to using the IGI Might be useful Maureen

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 1 Jul 2007 11:14

MARY WOODBURY - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 20 MAR 1796 Brompton Regis, Somerset, England 5. HENRY WOODBURY - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 08 JAN 1792 Brompton Regis, Somerset, England 6. MARTHA WOODBURY - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 19 OCT 1800 Brompton Regis, Somerset, England 7. JOHN WOODBURY - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 16 JAN 1802 Brompton Regis, Somerset, England 8. WILLIAM WOODBURY - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 27 JUL 1806 Brompton Regis, Somerset, England 9. THOMAS WOODBURY - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 24 JUN 1798 Brompton Regis, Somerset, England 10. SARAH WOODBURY - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 26 MAR 1809 Brompton Regis, Somerset, England 11. FRANCIS WOODBURY - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 11 NOV 1793 Brompton Regis, Somerset, England not sure if they will all be the right family...

Amy

Amy Report 1 Jul 2007 11:16

Did you just search for Woodbury then?

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 1 Jul 2007 11:18

have sent you a pm ...

Amy

Amy Report 1 Jul 2007 11:19

Thanks Maureen. Sorry to duplicate.