Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help Needed....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

klsy24

klsy24 Report 1 Jul 2007 09:49

Hi there - come across a few sticking points in my research - fairly new at this and not too sure how to go about the next bits, any suggestions would be really appriciated. (I'm based in London) 1. Margaret Carson (nee Cuthbert) c1817ish? married William Williamson c1820 Ballyclug Church of Ireland 10/05/1846 witnessess - James Mulholland and James McGrath trying to find details about her first marrage to the unknown Carson (and if there were any children from the first marrige) 2.William and Margarets first son - Matthew Williamson c1851 Royal Navy - Jumped ship in Montevideo, Uraguay in the 1880s. Think he ended up in Brazil and may have had a daughter (family gossip) but cannot trace him at all. B,M or D. 3.Williams and Margarets Second son(third child) Married an Elizabeth (lizzie, eliza) Graham - Presbyterian Church Ballymena - 23/09/1880 - Witnesses at wedding - Wiliam John Williamson and Martha Graham. Wedding took place 1 month after the birth of there first son. Trying to trace Eliza's parents and siblings (if any). I have her date of death as 01/12/1944. 4. Susanna Williamson, 01/01/1887. This one I'm more jsut curious about, born in Ballee Connor, N.Ireland, she was a linen weaver, emigrated to Australia and married a Victor Bailey (know nothing about him, irish or aussie? or what happened to him) but she came back for a visit and decided to move back - went to Australia to pack up and her Brother recived a telegram telling him she'd died when hit by a motor vehicle. No idea about what she did in Australia though or if there were any children.

SydneyDi

SydneyDi Report 1 Jul 2007 12:39

Hi Kelsie, I will have a look in the Australian records for Susannah Bailey, if you give me a few more details - who were her parents - from her birthdate of 1887, she was not the daughter of Margaret (1817) and William Williamson. Most states death certs give parents names, spouses and children, so if we can track it down, you may find lots of info. From birthdate she must have come to Australia after WW1 Di